Friday 8 November 2013

Lets talk about TV

A slightly different post today.  

Last week I had Tuesday & Wednesday off to chill.  I set myself up with a cup of decaf coffee, the heating on, cat next to me and set up camp on the sofa with my laptop and the TV on.  We finally got around to plugging Sky into the internet, so I decided it was time to get into some boxsets.

the walking dead

I started off with The Walking Dead!  I hadn't heard much about it, had no idea what to expect, but by the end of my second day off I was on Series 3 - booyah!  Don't worry there's not going to be any spoilers :)  For me, the first series was a bit slow, but the second and third series was really good.  Be warned though, it's a pretty graphic series, so not one for those who are squeamish.  Series 4 is now underway and is a bit slower than the previous two seasons but still good.

american horror story coven

I've also started watching American Horror Story: Coven - this is also great, only two episodes in but it's already built up drama and developing characters & storylines - I'm really looking forward to seeing the next episode :D

the secret circle

And then we have the big one, The Secret Circle.  22 episodes in the first season and BOOM, they cancelled it!  The first episode had me gripped, great characters and a great story.  I watched the whole season over about 3 nights and could have cried when it ended.  It's set in a sleepy coastal village in America, and about a circle of 6 witches made up of 4 girls and 2 boys, all who come from parents who are witches and had their own circle.

If you're old enough to remember My So Called Life, then you'll love this, it's like a dark witchy version of it, I'm so so so gutted they cancelled it after one season... there's so many unanswered questions!!!  And, randomly, the character Diana looks just like Miss Glamorazzi!

What series' are you into at the moment?





 
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I'm big into my series too! I'm a TV addict haha. I'm a huge fan of the walking dead (I know what you mean about season 4 dragging a little) stick with it though! The new season is brill. I loved the secret circle but they discontinued it after its first season! Boo. Just started watching American Horror Story: Coven too... words can't describe it can they?! Haha. xx

    Gemma // DuggyDimples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone with The Secret Circle, I LOVED it! I hope they change their minds and do a second season :D I need to know what happens with the love birds!

      Delete
  2. I am into Misfits, Witches of East End (you may like this as you are into witches), ooh blacklist on living is really good! and my all time favourite, Castle! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I saw the Walking Dead picture and freaked out because I'm afraid of spoilers (it has happened too many times:P) but then I finally saw you didn't spoil anything good girl hehe! ;) I love Walking, but I've been saving it so I have a few episodes to watch:) Sooo many other series I watch, I am total tv series junkie.. I might do a post like this too! I love to share my tv addictions :)
    I want to start watching American Horror Story, but I've only seen the first ep. of s01! So I got some catching up to do;)
    My other faves: Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones, Shameless, XFiles, Homeland, Revolution - I could go on forever! Like, seriously!

    Oh, and I wanted to come by and say hi since I'm a new advertiser here on you blog, thanks for having me:) Can't wait to check out your blog more :) Have a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking dead is amazing, one of my favorites! So excited for the new season:D
    Lola x

    http://fortheimperfectlyperfect.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these shows!

    I too was gutted when they cancelled The Secret Circle. I know it was a bit 'teen drama' but I still bloody loved it.

    At the moment I am addicted to Parks and Recreations (which for some reason doesn't really seem available in the UK legally), The Blacklist, Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 (which has unfortunately now been cancelled), Orange Is The New Black, Downton Abbey, Elementary, and True Blood.

    I think it is safe to say I watch way too much TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of these shows!

    I too was gutted when they cancelled The Secret Circle. I know it was a bit 'teen drama' but I still bloody loved it.

    At the moment I am addicted to Parks and Recreations (which for some reason doesn't really seem available in the UK legally), The Blacklist, Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 (which has unfortunately now been cancelled), Orange Is The New Black, Downton Abbey, Elementary, and True Blood.

    I think it is safe to say I watch way too much TV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved secret circle. I was gutted when it ended. Also love the walking dead! Good tv choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Supernatural is my favourite, but I'm really loving this season of American Horror Story!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig