Saturday 30 March 2013

Pink Bdellium Foundation brushes

You may recall my raving about the green Bdellium tools I reviewed some time ago, well, I've been a lucky Pixi3 and have received another two to review *giddy excited pixi3 dance* and what's more, they're pink!



The normal* £10.50 and small* £8.95 foundation brushes can be found on Beauty Chamber

They say "Each Bdellium brush is created using a balance of natural and/or synthetic hair to achieve the perfect amount of form and stiffness compatible with the function each brush is designed for.  The Green, Yellow & Pink Bambu Series and the Yellow Bambu brush sets, feature eco friendly makeup brushes with all sustainable bamboo handles and all vegan soft synthetic bristles and an anodized aluminium ferrule."


My Thoughts

There's a few things I look for in makeup brushes.  First off, they need to be synthetic hair as I'm not interested in anything using animal hair.  They need to be soft, especially a foundation brush, otherwise you'll get streaking.  And where possible, I like them to be ethical (I shall explain!).

One of the things I love about the Bdellium tools bambu series is that they're made from the worlds' most sustainable wood, Bamboo.  These brushes are cruelty free (yay!) and suitable for vegans, and lets face it, pretty!

I've been using these for a couple of weeks now, with varying degrees of built up foundation on them (I tend to clean them once a week - which is fine when you're not using Double Wear!).  I have a few foundation brushes which I've liked and disliked in the past (the Superdrug one is probably my least favourite, lots of streaking!), so I have a fairly good point of reference for these.  And I have to say, they're pretty amazing.  I've had either no, or next to no streaking, which is usually when I've been over zealous with my application.  They hold the product well and don't absorb it all up so there's very little wastage, and they're super soft on the skin - this is one of my favourite things about the Bdellium brushes, they're all so soft (and pretty!).

They're easy to clean and I've had no fall out from the bristles at all - its worth noting, with the green ones I reviewed previously, I've had no fall out whatsoever with those either.

I'm really struggling to find flaws with this brand, everything I've tried from them has been brilliant, surely they must have some dud products tucked away, they can't be perfect surely?

Where you can find them: Beauty Chamber
Cost: Most brushes are under £10 each, with these the normal one was £10.50 and the small one was £8.95
Would I buy more?  Definitely - spending ban be over!







This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertisers who this month are Sarah from Life in a Breakdown, Angelica from One Little Vice, Sally from The Human Mannequin, and the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression by Luchessa - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. These are so pretty, I love colourful brushes. Everything about them sounds perfect. Xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so pretty, I'd probably buy them just because they're pink though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I have a set of green ones which i purely picked up for the colour haha (ofcourse im glad I did as i love them!)
    Wish i could justify getting more brushes as these are just so so pretty.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely looking brushes xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything pink! Lol

    Www.facesbysam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so much about bdellium brushes, I'm so intrigued.

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig