Monday 4 March 2013

February Empties

Hey guys!  I usually do my monthly empties as a video on YouTube but I thought I'd change things up this month and turn it into a blog post, you likey?



























It's been a pretty good month for getting through stuff this time, I think the 100 day spending challenge has forced me to try and use products up so I have a chance of re-purchasing them.  Problem with that is I have so many backups for each thing, that doesn't really happen - unless it's shampoo and conditioner for some reason.

So, in February, I ran out of:

  • Herbal Essences Ignite my Colour conditioner: Which I have re-purchased (a bigger bottle!).  I really love the scent of this and how lovely and soft it makes my hair feel - great if you wash your hair nearly every day like me :)
  • Chanel Ecriture liquid eyeliner - Yep, replaced this bad boy too!  That one has lasted me the best part of a year and I didn't have a suitable replacement in stock ;)
  • Wei white lotus eye cream - Gutted this is finished... best eye cream I'd tried, even wrote a whole blog post on this tiny sample, but at £60 for a replacement... I just couldn't do it.
  • Superdrug anti ageing hand cream - now this bad boy I bought for no less than 99p in Superdrug (it was on offer) and I've loved it! I kept it on my desk at work, using it around 3-4 times a day and it managed to last me around.... 3-4 months, I really got my value for money out of it :)  Would I repurchase? Yes - but I have far too many other hand creams to go through first :)
  • L'Occitane Shampoo and Conditioner - I had these in my secret santa swap with Laurie and only just got around to using them the other day - probably wouldn't purchase full size ones of these because 1. there wasn't enough of a sample for my hair so I had to add other shampoo and conditioner to it, and 2. my hair didn't feel especially amazing afterwards.
  • Superdrug Naturally Radiant hot cloth cleanser: Yes I'm gutted this is finished!  But, I have lots more to use up before I replace it.  I still have a little of my Liz Earle C&P left, and the Superdrug Vitamin E cleanser, and one from my Bristol blogger meetup - so will replace, but not yet :)
  • Clairol Colourseal gloss (for dark hair) - now this I fookin' loved! I always dye my hair with Nice n Easy, and they have one of these inside it, it's what I look forward to most about dying my hair! I know you can buy them individually for 99p, I just tend to forget that :)  But, I can say, the 2-3 days that I used this for my hair felt amazing, it had a beautiful soft sheen to it, a nice weight to it but it was still beautifully soft.  It makes for a great little treatment :)
So there you have it, my February Empties! I'm amazed how many I got through in such a short month, lets hope I can keep the momentum up for next month :)

One thing I was trying to finish as I know there's not much left is my Revlon Skin matching foundation, I was using it every day and I think it was responsible for breaking me out... so I've stopped using it :(  I will try it again once my skin has calmed down, but its been a couple of weeks and still not recovered :/







This months big pixi3 advertisers are the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass, Tasha from Belleza Kisses, Gem from Miss Makeup Magpie, Luchessa from Luchessa, Sally from The Human Mannequin - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Fab review and I find it interesting to find what people renew and what they don't xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame that samples weren't good, to be honest I thought the same with the ones I used too. I love the hot cloth cleanser its amazeballs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the cleanser, it's soooo good!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig