Monday 18 March 2013

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss & Eyebrow cake powder



So as you know I'm lucky enough to be the NYX blogger of the month for March, and part of the perk of being asked to do this, is I get to try out some of their lovely products for free.  Two weeks ago I posted my review of the first two of the four products I reviewed (an eye shadow and eye liner) and today is my final review of their Mega Shine Lip Gloss in 113 French Kiss, and their Eyebrow Cake powder in Black/Grey.







They say "Kiss me quick! Our signature Mega Shine Lip Gloss delivers shine, moisture and softness and envelops lips with glistening colour. The finish is both creamy and steamy and ensures knockout glamour. A blend of mineral and lanolin oils helps protect the pout. Available in 64 almost sinful lip gloss shades."



They say "Eyebrow cake powder is a duo-shade compact kit that fills and defines eyebrows for that classy retro look. Blend shades for a natural eyebrow coverage to create the best look. Each kit includes a slanted brush to define brows and a round wand to shape and style and features a round pot of wax to keep strays away."

My Thoughts - The Gloss

Other than adorable and sturdy packaging (bow on the lid) there's a lot to like about this.  The first thing you'll probably notice is the scent, cherries!!! It smells so good!  Only disappointment was that it didn't taste of cherries too, but that's probably for the best, probably not good to be eating lip gloss :p  Then we come to it's consistency - not too thick and sticky at all, and highly pigmented.  You'll get great colour pay off, good lasting power (mine lasted a couple of hours before needing a top up (that's with drinking coffee too).  Lets put it this way, I can't wait for my spending ban to be over, as I'll be putting in an order for some other shades of these :)

Where you can find them: Online on the NYX Cosmetics UK website
Cost: £7
Would I repurchase: Definitely!

My Thoughts - the Brow Cake

Ok, packaging - not as cute as the lipgloss (no bows) but still a nice cute kit, packaging is very solid too, not flimsy at all (which some high street brands can feel very 'budget').  It comes with two different powder shades (mine comes in black and grey) and a wax/gel for fixing your brows in place.  You get two applicators, one for applying the powder (an angled liner brush) and a brow brush for brushing the gel/wax through your brows at the end.

I found the staying power on these great, they last as long as my Chanel eye brow palette but the formulas aren't different (not bad).  My Chanel powders are more... solid/waxy whereas these are more of a hard shadow.  What I expect in a brow powder is a hard formula which these are, they're well pigmented, not what you'd expect in an eye shadow, but what you'd expect out of a brow powder, I mean, lets face it, you don't want to add a jet black shadow to your brows, it needs to look natural which these do.  A really good product for £5, especially when you compare it to whats out there, like MUA, FashionistA - with them, I struggle to find a black colour, and they're more like eye shadows in consistency and pigmentation, it's too much.  This is a good balance of price and quality.

Where you can find them: Online on the NYX Cosmetics UK website
Cost: £5
Would I repurchase: Yes, but given how long it lasts, I doubt I'd ever need to!






This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertisers who this month are Sarah from Life in a Breakdown, Angelica from One Little Vice, Fiona from La Belle Dame Sans Merci, and Sally from The Human Mannequin, and the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression by Luchessa - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I have wanted to try so many NYX products, but I hate the idea of buying online! I love being in boots and trying colours out on my hand and with £4 delivery I would want to do a big haul. Or maybe someone can by me a plan ticket to New York :L I'll keep dreaming!

    Hazel X
    whichhazel05.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog, I am your new follower, follow me back?
    Kisses,
    Dinna
    www.the-fashionette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig