Monday 11 March 2013

My mascara collection

Hope you all had a lovely weekend?  Mine was lovely being back home in Pembrokeshire, however, I do seem to have picked up a cold, but never mind :)  On a sadder note, it's 2 years today since the Japanese Tsunami happened, still thinking about all the people who lost family, livelihoods and lives there.

Whenever I do collection posts, I always find stuff after I've missed out, products that were hiding away nestled into little corners, which is exactly what happened here!  I took all my mascaras away with me, photographed them, and now that I'm home, I've found two others, utter fail!  Well, I'm going to put the original pictures up anyway, as they're really pretty - just keep in mind I also have Maybelline Colossal Volum and Magnifibres :)


























As you can see - we had lovely weather at the weekend, it was actually warm enough not to need to wear a coat outside, which is the first time this year.  I'm not going to do a L-R description as you can see on each one what they are :)
















I thought I'd show them like this so you can see all their brushes, because lets face it, that's what can make or break a mascara!  It needs to be able to get the product on your lashes to at least give the formula a chance.

I'll be honest, I don't love all of these.  I think one of the reasons I forgot to include Colossal volum is because I didn't like it, because if I did, it would be here in my pot of regularly used mascaras.  I know there's 9 there... 9 mascaras in my rotation, which is a lot, but I do find I cycle through them, spend about a week on each one.  At the moment I'm revisiting the Too Faced Lash Gasm mascara, which I liked originally but I wasn't bowled over by it, but now it's had a couple of months to 'mature' I'm really liking it.  Same goes for the Revlon 3D volume, I hated it, then loved it, then forgot about it.  I'm back to loving it again :)  I think it's not at its best when it's brand new, it needs time to thicken up and improve.

Special shout out to Maybellines Rocket Volum too, which is just a brilliant mascara, I've written a full review of it here, it really is great, fantastic staying power, great definition and loving the wand!

Well that's my current mascara collection - which are your favourites of these?






This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertisers who this month are Sarah from Life in a Breakdown, Angelica from One Little Vice, Fiona from La Belle Dame Sans Merci, and Sally from The Human Mannequin - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love nyc showtime, really tempted to try some of the maybelline mascaras cause I haven't used them for years! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get some Maybelline mascaras in your life :) Rocket Volum and The Falsies are both amazing :)

      Delete
  2. I love the Maybelline Rocket mascara too, that's my go-to everyday mascara :)

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rather partial to The Falsies out of your collection :) I also love my They're Real by Benefit, but I'm not so much of a lover of the price tag!!

    Also, I'm very jealous of your beautiful weather - we have snow here in Norfolk :(

    Lu ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we were really lucky with the weather - I was outside in a jumper and no coat and I was boiling! I won 'They're Real' at a benefit event last week and I've literally used it every day since - it is really good :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig