Friday 15 March 2013

Benefit Fake Up Event

Back on Tuesday 12th March, I was lucky enough to be invited to the Benefit Fake Up event in Swansea.  The lovely Jenny from The Pulse of Fashion drove both me and Cute Panda down to save us all getting the train and taxi etc.

Now when I say I was lucky enough, I really mean it.  I thought it was just going to be a little press event to showcase their new product (Fake Up) which is coming out on the 30th March here in the UK and for us to have a chance to see it and have a bit of a play.  Boy was I wrong!



We started off with Prosecco and orange juice and had the most amazing view up in the Grape and Olive overlooking Swansea bay - the sunset was stunning.  Then the lovely Benefit ladies started up a bit of an introduction/talk into what Fake Up is and how it works.  Now, before I go any further, you may remember a bit of a ranty post I wrote a while ago about my 'issues' with Benefit.  My issues never have been the products, but the 'customer service' I get at the counter in my local Debenhams, the pushiest sales-focussed people I've encountered - and I still stand by that.  On relfection, I've had pretty shoddy service at all the makeup counters in Debenhams, both MAC, Estee Lauder, Chanel and Benefit - so going to stay away from Debenhams!



Anyway, apart from being given all three shades of the Fake Up to try/test and blog about (post coming soon!) one of the things I loved most, was meeting the lovely Lisa who's the Head Makeup and Trend Artist and Brow Expert - she's recently been the makeup artists at LFW working with Matthew Williamson (Ermergherd!).  She was such an inspiration to talk to, it's amazing how much she's achieved and at such a young age, really really awesome.



There were a couple of competitions during the evening and I was seriously lucky!  I won two things, a 'They're Real' mascara which I've never tried until now! And a World Famous Neutrals palette in 'Most Glamourous Nudes Ever' - which was actually my favourite of the three (the one I swatched in the picture).

I'll be writing up reviews of everything I received (see the bottom left pic on the pic above) over the next week with a bit of a 'first impressions/mini review' post, so keep your eyes peeled for those :)

Thanks again to Benefit for letting me come along, I had such a lovely evening :)






This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass,
And be sure to check out my lovely middle-pixi3 advertisers who this month are Sarah from Life in a Breakdown, Angelica from One Little Vice, Fiona from La Belle Dame Sans Merci, and Sally from The Human Mannequin, and the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression by Luchessa - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. This sounds like a total dream! I love Benefit products. I really do agree about the Debenhams counters though. There is a strange almost catty air about the ladies that work there. Not all of them mind you.

    Great post, can't wait for the reviews! :)

    Louminous

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me about the Debenhams counters :p

      Delete
  2. Great photos, i went to this event last night in brighton and it was so much fun! I'm so jealous you won that palette, its gorgeous :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh so you know how great the event was :) Hope you had a great time! The palette is stunning, I really really love it :D

      Delete
  3. sounds so fun with the prizes !! were the quiz hard?


    www.imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk

    By the way I am currently looking for my next months 'new talent' blogger so get in touch with me via my blog if you have a talent and want to be featured of my blog ! Of course I link your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiz wasn't hard - first question was seeing what people knew about Fake Up (I said it comes in 3 shades), and the other question was about the release date (30th March) :)

      Delete
  4. Seems like such an amazing event, so gutted that I couldn't make it! Fingers crossed for another soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig