Sunday 27 April 2014

Japanese makeup goodness!

You all know what a fan I am of ANYTHING Japanese, I'm obsessed with the country, the food, the wonderful people and of course, the makeup.  So when Lunatu approached me and said "Hey, can we send you a couple pieces of our Japanese makeup for your blog" I wasn't about to say No!

So, lets start in reverse order (saving my favourite product for last!)....

Dolly wink false eyelashes (No.2 sweet girly) - £10.50*
dolly wink lashes in the packaging

dolly wink lashes in the pack

dolly wink lashes looking down

dolly wink lashes head on

dolly wink lashes from the side

The reason it's taken me a while to review all these products (I've had them for weeks) is because I don't wear false eyelashes very often and I wanted to wait for an opportunity when I was going to wear them so I could give them a proper excursion!  The lashes themselves are really lovely and vary in density all the way down.  The were a little too long for me so I needed to trim them down by just under a centimetre.  Here's the good and bad bit - the glue.  It was good, it really held the lashes in place, probably better than any other glue I've tried, however, it took an AGE to go clear, and when I took the above pics, I didn't think it was going to go clear as that was after 30 mins of wear - so I'd applied liquid eyeliner over most of the white leaving only the bits you can see.  But it did eventually go clear, so my tip, if you're using these, put them on in plenty of time before you go out :)

Canmake BB Cream 01 light £9.25
Canmake BB cream
Canmake bb cream on hand
Now, you know me, when I review a foundation/bb cream or whatever, I *always* show it in place on the face.  Sadly, because of the 'Yes to Cucumbers' face wipes I have an eczema breakout all over my face and as much as it doesn't look that bad, any foundation is looking terrible on my skin due to all the dryness, and I'm trying not to wear any so not to aggravate it any further.  What I can say about this, is when I first got it a few weeks ago, I wore it a lot and managed to road test it.

It's thick, very blendable and for me, a great colour match, if not the tiniest shade too dark (I had the lightest shade).  It covers as well as any foundation and stays put just as long, but with the added benefit of SPF 50 pa+++ protection.  I've been a big fan of Canmake for a while, ever since I did my Japanese makeup swap and fell in love with the Canmake duo blusher in 01.  Eastern BB creams are the best, Western ones just don't compare, so if you're thinking about getting one, definitely make sure you aim for an Eastern one :)  And at £9.25 this one is really well priced.

Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner in deep black £10.50
dolly wink eyeliner in deep black
dolly wink eyeliner pen nib
dolly wink eyeliner swatched
dolly wink eyeliner on the eye
So what makes these my favourite of the three products? That's simple, it's amazing.  It's better than my Chanel Ecriture (holy grail) liquid liner hands down.  This is cheaper than half the price, has a finer point to it so it's more precise, it's just as black, it doesn't get on my lashes, it stays put all day, it doesn't transfer to the top of my lid and it's not crazy hard to remove, oh it's buildable too so you can make it blacker and blacker.  The Chanel one comes in around £26, and this is just £10.50 - it's a guaranteed repurchase for me.  

Since I've had this (mid-end March) I haven't used my Chanel eyeliner once!  That's how good it is, and you know how much I loved that liner!!  I love that I can get a much prettier and finer winged look, and this is friendlier on slightly 'older' lids too - on my eyelid on the inner corner, I have tiny little hairline wrinkles, and my Chanel liner bleeds into them while it's still wet, this doesn't.

So there you have it - I hope you've enjoyed this triple review, I've really enjoyed trying these out, and I've found an absolute gem with the liquid eyeliner :)  Thank you Lunatu for introducing me to it :D




This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jaina from Which Beauty Box UK

 
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I always love the packaging for Japanese make up!
    http://boysbracesandbowties.blogspot.co.uk/
    Evie xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - the packaging is so cute and adorable!!!

      Delete
  2. Oooh you lucky duck! I have heard great things about the dolly wink eyeliner :) and it was only yesterday I was ogling the canmake bb cream online! Asian bb creams are so good, they make my skin look flawless :)

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - super duper lucky :D Yeah the liner is seriously amazing, it will be replaced! I didn't think I'd be able to justify the £26 for the Chanel one once the baby comes, but now I've found this I'm sorted!

      Delete
  3. Ohhh lovely stuff ! I think everyone loves the dolly wink eyeliner ! it's massively hyped. I purchased one as well but will start using it once my current one dries out ! ^__^

    Check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I remember hearing others rave about it, and now I can see why, it's so good! You'll love it :D

      Delete
  4. The eyelashes look really pretty & a perfect length (though I do note that you trimmed them)!
    Kat
    Mountainbeauty2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're great! I must just have short eyes :P

      Delete
  5. I love the look of your eyelashes Hun, how cute is their packaging x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D Yeah the packaging is lovely, Japanese brands always put so much effort into that :)

      Delete
  6. Them lashes look amazing. I adore things to do with japan and am just dying to visit there one day.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, they're great aren't they! Me too - we were hoping to go before we had kids, but that's out of the window now with the pregnancy, so we'll just have to save up and take the baby :)

      Delete
  7. I've heard so many good things about that eyeliner, I might have to take the plunge soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should Katie, for the money it's the best one I've ever tried, I love it! And it's Japanese, which makes it even more awesome :D

      Delete
  8. Dolly Wink lashes are so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig