Sunday 23 December 2012

Blogmas Day 23 - Revlon Photoready 3D volume mascara

Hey guys!  Can you believe it's Christmas eve eve!!!!  Today for me I'm looking forward to going to the cinema tonight, we're off to see 7 Psychopaths - a great cast and I've not read anything about it, so I'm really excited!  Tomorrow I'm working, but it's a slightly shorter day and I'm looking forward to that too - we've had Christmas music blaring for the last week or so and everyone's been in a great mood so it's a great atmosphere :)  Then after work, we're off to the other half's parents to put all the presents under the tree - the next few day are going to be awesome :)

So, on to the reason you're here!  Today I'm reviewing the Revlon 3D volume mascara.

Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Mascara, available in Superdrug & Boots for £10.99*


They say "Get glamorous, big volume lashes from every angle
Lashes look 100% more magnified, multiplied, amplified (with two coats). Award winning.
Lash finding brush with rounded tip easily reaches every single lash for maximum dimension."


My Thoughts

My first impressions were that I loved the look of the applicator, I really like the smaller brushes as they tend to grip my lashes much better to apply the product.  This looked perfect!

When I first started using it (a couple of months ago), I didn't like it at all.  It did a good job at keeping my lashes separated which is great, but the one thing it didn't do for me what exactly what it's called - it didn't give my lashes any volume.  It did give them definition, but I didn't feel that they stood out any more really.  However, after leaving it for a month or so to thicken up a bit (it's quite a wet formula to start with), I've found that it's now much, much better!  Now it's a bit thicker, it gives my lashes great volume and still retains the definition it gave me previously.  This is great by itself, or to use with false lashes too - I know lots of people use mascara with false lashes, but what you don't want is a mascara that clumps or gives spidery lashes, and this is perfect for that :)

Would I repurchase?  Yes, definitely, I'd just open it up, then leave it for a month, then use it :)  

Have you tried this yet?  What were your thoughts?





This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Anastasia from Fashion Ramble - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'm a massive fan of this mascara too! :D

    http://agoldenbow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mascara, I thought I had the shortest lashes ever until I discovered a curler a few years back! Oh dear.
    You should check out my eye lash extension review, I love them! Have you ever had them?
    http://sushiturtlesandlife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/beautiful-lashes.html
    Erica xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig