Saturday 22 December 2012

Blogmas Day 22 - Revlon Colourstay Foundation

Hey guys!  So we made it, the world didn't end, who knew!?  To kick off today I'm doing a little review for you of the Revlon Colourstay Foundation - something which is fairly new to me (I've known about it for ages but not taken the plunge) so here's what I think about it :)

Available in Boots and Superdrug stores for about £12 depending on offers


My Thoughts

For a long time I'd put off buying this, I thought it was a little expensive for a high street foundation, but I managed to pick it up on a 3 for 2 offer so it didn't feel as painful.  It's silly really, I'll happily spend £27 on YSL foundation but was hesitant to spend less than half of that on this... I think it's because I've been burnt on foundations before, spend over £10 and get a dud (like the L'Oreal lumi foundation).

I wasn't sure if the colour I bought was a bit too pale, but actually I think it's just about perfect!  It blends really well, sets beautifully (with a little help from powder) and lasts all day.  It needs a very small amount of touch up on fine lines, but honestly I'm starting to think that's just what happens as you get older :-(  Anyway, you get a decent amount of product for your money (30ml), and it's buildable, it's already a medium coverage foundation, but if you work with it, you can build it to heavy quite easily.  Heavy isn't my thing with foundation, I prefer something lightweight that just evens out my skintone.  All in all, this is a great foundation, I really like it, and I can honestly say this is one I would repurchase :)  Only negative is the scent, I know, I know, I banged on about scent of things yesterday, but it's true, it smells a bit chemicaly but once it's dried that goes :)

This is a great foundation to help you in the party season cover up all those blemishes from drinking too much and eating the wrong things :)

What do you think of the Revlon Colourstay foundation?




This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Anastasia from Fashion Ramble - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. ive yet to try it but ive heard a lot about this foundation. would love to try it! thanks for the review!!

    x
    elviemousse.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice review i would love to have one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I broke the bottle lid off mine and it all leaked into the edges. It kind of put me off using it :')

    http://lucylouminous.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/weekend-wind-down-1-face-masks.html

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig