Tuesday 18 December 2012

Blogmas Day 18 - Top 5 party lipsticks

Hey guys!

Sorry I've not been super on top of blogging every day (fail), I'm finding it hard to find the time what with lots of work Christmas parties etc and there just seems to be something on every day that I need to go to or do.  Anyway, enough of my excuses, on with the post :)

Oh, and sorry the images aren't up to my usual quality, I only have evening lighting at the moment :/


L-R Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon, MUA shade 13, MUA shade 2, Maybelline 338 Midnight Plum, Revlon Black Cherry


(same order as above)

With the party season well under way there are so many ways to wear your makeup for that big party.  I can't think of a more fabulous and glamourous look than a nice dark red lip and dramatic winged eyeliner.  These are some of my top picks for that great colourful lip for your Christmas party.

1.  Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon

For me, this is the perfect red, it's not too bright and not too dark, and contains just a tiny bit of glitter to give your lips the perfect amount of sparkle.  It lasts really well, you won't need to re-apply it every five mins but keeps your lips looking glossy.  You shouldn't find any bleeding into the fine lines around your lips at all, and you will find fantastic colour payoff.  Price is around the £20 mark, but you'll find this exact colour hard to get hold of now as it's discontinued (don't be scared to ask at the counter for them to check their stock though, that's how I got hold of mine).

2.  MUA Shade 13

This is a beautiful bright red lipstick.  As with pretty much all MUA lipsticks the quality is really decent and even if it wasn't amazing, for £1 it's hard to really find fault with it.  It lasts well and doesn't bleed/feather, and what I like most about these is you can buy the entire lipstick collection for about the same price as 1 MAC lipstick :D

3.  MUA Shade 2

This is a beautiful hot pink/red shade.  It's one of those colours where you can't quite tell if it's red or pink, the perfect balance of both.  Team this up with a strong winged eyeliner and some false lashes and you're good for whatever Christmas party you're headed too.  You won't need to reapply every 2 mins and you'll have stunning lips :)

4.  Maybelline Midnight Plum

I've actually had this shade for a while, it's not the most hydrating of lipsticks but given that it's such a pretty colour, I can forego that.  It has a small amount of tiny shimmery silvery glitter in it too, to help give your lips a bit of pop.  As it's not a very hydrating formula it'll last you well too, but if you're not so keen on slightly drier lipsticks, pop a sparkly lip gloss over the top for a super glamorous look.

5.  Revlon Black Cherry

The quintessential shade of A/W12.  Apply with a brush for a lovely purple/cherry colour, or straight from the bullet for a deep dark maroon/purple colour, depending on how dark you want your lips to be.  This shade won't feather/bleed and won't need re-applying constantly.  If you're looking for more shine, I can highly recommend Givenchy lip gloss/balms as the perfect accompaniment - they'll add sparkle and gloss, whilst providing your lips with a supply of non-sticky hydration.

So they're my picks, I hope you liked them :)  And I hope I managed to get this post out in time for you to pop out and pick up some of these shades for your xmas parties :)

Whats your favourite party lipstick shade?






This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Anastasia from Fashion Ramble - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'd love to try the Revlon black Cherry even the name sounds gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Maybelline shade and Revlon's Black Cherry looks so perfect!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! Right up my street. I particularly love the plum colour :)

    Louminous

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i reeeally want chanel lippy for christmas, love that colour! x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Chanel one is so intense and beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so lucky you have Dragon! It's impossible to get now and I don't plan on buying it for over $100 on ebay. I'll try at a local Chanel counter that has very little traffic x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig