Friday 21 December 2012

Blogmas Day 21 - Dermalogica

Hey guys!  First off, I'm really sorry for the absence of blogmas posts the last couple of days, I've had a stinking cold & cough and I've actually been off work with it #sadface So I just wasn't up to writing blogs for you, but I'm on the mend now ready for Christmas festivities :)

As you've probably guessed from the title, today I'm reviewing the cult item that is Dermologica Daily Microfoliant from Liberty of London.  Liberty has been around since 1875 selling things like skincare, accessories, fabric, beauty gift sets, clothes and much more.  I'm sure many of you will have seen their brand around and their iconic London tudoresque store.

A beautiful giftset that also comes with precleanse (on the left) and gentle cream exfoliant (on the right)

Available from Liberty of London for £38.50*



They say "Dermalogica's number one exfoliant, this gentle, rice-based exfoliating powder activates upon contact with water, releasing papain, salicylic acid and rice enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colours. "


My Thoughts

I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets quite excited over the word 'Dermalogica', it's a cult item which for many has holy grail status.  You simply add around a flat teaspoon amount of it onto soaking wet hands, and work into your skin after cleansing.  I really like it, the soft abrasiveness gets rid of any dry/flaky skin off my face beautifully.  It's easy to rinse off and leaves my face feeling ever so clean.  So what holds me back from saying I love it?  I'll be honest, it's the scent... for some this may not be a big deal, but I'm really into scents and for me, this doesn't smell the best.  It's made from rice, so this shouldn't be surprising.  However I did see good results from it, not so many little red patches over my skin, smoother skin, less breakouts etc, so it's definitely doing something right, but I personally found it hard to use just because of the scent.    

I've not really seen many other people mention it (the smell), so I think it's either just me, or a small amount of us that don't like the scent.  What I will say though, is that after you've washed it off, the scent has gone, so it doesn't linger which is good.  So, I can understand why people love this so much, it's a fantastic product (albit rather a strange consistency), if you can put up with the odd scent I'm sure you'll love it, and it'll join your holy grail collections too.

Whats your thoughts on Dermalogica?





This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Anastasia from Fashion Ramble - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I have surprisingly never heard of this :)

    Louminous

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Its my favourite Dermalogica product! I love how its a chemical exfoliant and not an abrasive/scratchy one!
    I just re-ordered it the other day but it came smashed in a million pieces :( Stupid couriers must have stepped on it!
    Anyway I cant wait until my replacement comes!

    Emma

    http://alltheprettythingsx.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser and Active Moist moisturiser both for oily skin! I also have two of their spot gels. They're expensive but I do love them and they do work. Although you can get them quite a lot cheaper from some authorised sites online. I also have Dermalogica facials, which together with the products I use have really taken my breakouts down a notch :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny, for me, it's the opposite - the only thing I like about this product is the smell, like lemon to me! It just doesn't seem to do anything at all on my skin though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blog! I am your newest follower:).

    Tiffany
    http://thedwellingtree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig