Friday 14 December 2012

Blogmas Day 14 - My top 5 Christmas movies

This is actually pretty hard for me to decide on, because I’m not sure there’s 5 films I really enjoy and watch at Christmas, but with that in mind, I’ll do my best and put them in reverse order :)


5.  Wallace and Gromit (the original)

The first time I saw this, was at Christmas, on BBC1.  I’m going back years and years ago, it was totally different from anything I’d seen before and the story was fantastic.  I can really relate to someone who loves cheese :)  I love watching any of these types of animations at Christmas (or any time of year to be honest!), The Chicken Run was another great one, and Shaun the sheep… I could go on, but you get the picture :)

4.  Santa Claus the Movie

Who doesn’t love a great film about Father Christmas at Christmas?  It’s such a lovely festive film, perfect to watch just before or just after Christmas dinner :)

3.  Home Alone

Great great great film, love it!  I love everything about it, how big the family is, their lovely house, how festive and cosy it feels, the crazy shenanigans of the burglers trying to get in, all of it, and of course, the late John Candy :)  I really hope they air it Christmas day as for some reason, I don’t own it on DVD… I think I’ll need to remedy that!

2.  It’s a Wonderful Life

This film I need to be on when I’m opening Christmas presents in the morning.  It’s such a great film, really iconic.  Great acting (especially the bit above the swimming pool, lol!) and a great story, and lets not forget the iconic line ‘every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings’ :)

1.  Elf

Oh man do I love this film!  I watch it all year round :)  It’s fun, festive, has Will Ferrell who always makes me laugh, silliness (which I’m a big fan of), Zooey Deschanel who is amazing… everything is right for this film, I love love love it :)  It was on the other day (I’ve lost my DVD of it), I just hope its’ on Christmas eve too, and Christmas day, and boxing day! They’re my top 5 films for Christmas, sorry it’s not a super long post but just something quick I wanted to share with you :)

What’s your favourite Christmas films?






This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Anastasia from Fashion Ramble - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3

 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. ELF that movie it's a classic hahahaha its sooo hilarious LOVE IT
    home alone is also on the top
    however my fav xtmas movie is LOVE ACTUALLY IS :) great and funny one

    hugs dear
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELF is the only one of these I've seen! I love it though and will take these as recommendations :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list. Mine is pretty similar. I've seen Elf six times already this month (blame the girls, it's not me - honest!) ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think either Santa Clause (with Tim Allen) is my favourite OR Home Alone 2. Elf is amazing, too. I still haven't watched it yet, best get it in before Christmas gets here!

    Laura xoxo
    http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this
    http://prettykattyhouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. ELF and the grinch are the only christmas films I watch - ELF is really cute and funny :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Home Alone films, the other year my parents brought me all of them, Elf and the Grinch are two other favourites too and when I was a little kid, I used to always sit in front of the TV and watch The Snowman (something like that, not totally sure on the title) as I had it on video (that was a while back ha!)

    http://kerryad.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Home Alone & Elf were def a must this Xmas :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig