Monday 3 December 2012

Biore strips

Hello my little Pixi3's! I have a review for you on the Biore cleansing strips (could be a good stocking filler), and in a couple of hours I'll be publishing a festive treat for you :)

For me, a pamper is an impromptu thing, often on a Sat/Sun night, occasionally during the week if I feel the need/want/desire.  A good pamper sesh for me, will generally consist of a luxurious bath with a lush bath bomb and some of their bubble bar, using my best/fav shampoo/condition which is usually from Lush too, then cleanse/tone, add a facemask, nose strips and then moisturise.  It's a lot, but at the end you feel like a million dollars and you're ready for a long snooze, bliss <3

For me, the least enjoying part of that pampering session is the nose strips... lets face it, what you peel off isn't exactly nice (yuck) but personally, I'd rather use them and get rid of the horrid stuff, than have it sitting there in my face.  I'll be honest I've gotten to a stage now where when I use them, they don't remove very much, simply because there isn't a great deal there any more, yay!  But when I do (and I've tried quite a few different brands like Biore, and a range of shop's own brands) I have found that Biore tend to be the better ones (i.e. removes more gross stuff).

Biore Deep cleansing pore strips (contains 14) £10.99* and available at Boots / Superdrug / Sainsburys / Asda

They say "Here's a special two-pack to tackle dirt and oil that can cause blackheads on your nose—and the rest of your face. In just one use, these two different strips (for your face and nose or chin) are twice as effective as the leading pore cleanser at removing pore-clogging build-up that can lead to blackheads. And, they can even help reduce the appearance of pores with regular use."


My Thoughts

What I really like about this particular set is the combination of nose strips and the straight face strips.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I do also get blackheads on my chin (gross I know!), nothing major, just little ones but I still get them all the same, and the nose strips can be tricky to use on the chin, so it's nice to finally see some that have ones especially for chin/forehead area.  I haven't found any supermarket brands that sell that sort of combination, so if you know of any, please let me know :)

Another thing I like about Biore is that the nose strip is bigger than the ones we've tried from Sainsburys.  Now, I don't think my hubby will mind me saying this, but the supermarket ones only just fit over his nose (it's not a massive nose, but it's bigger than your average women's which is what I think most ones are sized to), but he's tried these ones and they go past his nose and onto the cheeks, so it's nice to see that they're suitable to both men and women :)  I generally find there's only a couple of pounds difference between this brand and the store own brand, personally I'd opt for Biore in those cases just because I've always found them to be better.  It's worth checking out Superdrug and Boots for them as they often have deals on skincare and things like that so you might be able to find them on offer :)


This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Anastasia from Fashion Ramble - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Very nice review, I might have to see if they sell these strips here in the Netherlands. I always tend to forget to take a little bit of time to pamper myself, I think I am too lazy lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig