Friday 24 January 2014

A date with Origins

Origins products
The products used on my facial :)

Origins sales consultant, Lavina
The lovely Origins consultant, Lavina :)

Scroll back a week, I was an Origins virgin.  Don't get me wrong, I knew who they were, I just hadn't ever tried any of their products.  I was suffering from really dry skin which is totally weird for me, as I have really oily skin normally.  I've seen their 'Drink Up' overnight mask raved about in the blogging world, so on my lunch time I went on a mission to buy one.

I rocked up to the counter and was greeted by the lovely Lavina (in Boots, Cardiff).  What I loved is that she didn't push me to buy other products, she gave me a couple of suggestions and left it at that. As I was paying, she asked me if I'd like a complimentary facial - normally I automatically say no to these kind of things, but I've never had a facial before so I signed myself up for Thursday at 5 before an event I was heading to.

So today I went down for my facial.  It might be the most relaxing half hour I've ever had!  Lavina used 6 different products on me, now forgive me, I can't remember the order she used them in, but have a look in the pic to see what was used.  My skin feels like silk or velvet, and definitely doesn't feel dry! I've used the Drink Up mask twice this week and it's really helped my skin, I haven't had any dry skin in a few days so I think it's really helping.

I didn't really know much about the brand before my facial, so while I was there I asked Lavina if there are any parabens or nasty chemicals in Origins - she confirmed that they don't use anything like that, they're all natural :)  This may sound like a strange thing to say, but they felt and smelt very natural - so many of them smelt really fruity and zesty.  This certainly won't be the last Origins purchase I make, I really want to try an exfoliator, the Gin Zing eye cream and some kind of moisturiser :)

Thanks Lavina for such a lovely facial :)  And for all of you reading this - if you head to your local Origins counter, you can book in for a complimentary facial too - it lasts for 30 mins, they talk you through everything they use, and don't pressure you to purchase anything.  You can go more than once too, how amazing is that :D

Have you tried Origins before?




This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression

 
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I love going for little treatments like to get to know a brand - sounds like you had an amazing time :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was lovely, I loved it! Can't wait to go back :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh wow this sounds so relaxing. It's such a great way to test and get to know the products!
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - I plan to head back and pick up a few things for myself :)

      Delete
  3. I'm still an origins virgin but I don't think it will be for much longer!
    Thanks for the post :)
    Please check out my beauty blog nailsandteapots.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too until a couple weeks ago, I bought the Drink Up overnight mask and love it :D

      Delete
  4. How LUSH are your photos looking?! Deffo going to go down with a friend for one of these facials! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie :D I'm loving the new camera! The complimentary facial is totally worth it!

      Delete
  5. I don't know how I feel about Origins. They market themselves to be such a natural brand but looking at the ingredients list, there are definitely some nasty ingredients in there that aren't good for the skin. Plus, their products can be quite heavily scented which worries me because it often does not smell natural at all. I don't know about Origins anymore. I've had some good results with some products but also contact dermatitis with some because of the chemicals in it.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, from the ingredients I've seen, on the products I've looked at, they've seemed pretty good :) I'll be honest, I'm a big fan of the scent too - so many of them smell like fruit salad, yummy!

      Delete
  6. I had this done once, despite it being complementary they said after having it that I now had to buy 2 products. I was so annoyed at them - its a shame though because I do really like their products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I don't think they should have said that, maybe it's worth trying another Origins counter if you have one near you? And just double check with them first that there's no obligation to buy :)

      Delete
  7. I'm a big fan of their GinZing moisturiser. My boyfriend got it for me back in the summer and it was amazing when we were having that really humid sticky weather. I use it every morning (I'm not sure it would be quite heavy enough for my dry skin in the evening) and it really wakes you up and makes a great base for makeup. I'm just coming towards the end of it now but I think I still have a good few weeks left in it x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of the next products I'm going to get :D

      Delete
  8. I love an Origins facial! The lovely lady I go to used to work in HOF but had moved to John Lewis so I may go there next. Completely forget there's one in boots now!

    Charlotte - www.blotandreapply.com x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig