Monday 13 January 2014

Urban Decay Vice 2 palette review

Urban Decay vice palette
Vice 2 palette button]
For Christmas I had this little baby, no, not an actual baby, a makeup baby in the form of the Urban Decay Vice 2 palette.  Oh my goodness, it should be framed and hung in the National Gallery as a work of art!  Before I get into the nitty gritty of the review, here's some beautiful pictures of it and some swatches :)

Urban Decay vice 2 eye shadows

All the UD Vice 2 eye shadows

Close up of Vice 2 palette

Another close up of the Vice 2 palette

One last close up of the vice 2 palette
The top row of the UD Vice 2 palette swatched
Top row swatch

The 2nd row of the UD Vice 2 palette swatched
2nd row swatch

The 3rd row of the UD Vice 2 palette swatched
3rd row swatch (look at that pretty glitter in the middle!)

Bottom row of the UD Vice 2 palette swatched
Bottom row swatch

Ok, lets get ourselves together after those pretty pics!  Can you tell they were taken with a new camera? :)  Anyway, on with the review!

First off, this is really beautifully packaged.  I'm a sucker for purple at the best of times, but this is adorned in fluttery purple petal print.  Then there's the way it opens, a push button-auto-open action, ooooooh yeah!

Inside you'll find 20 stunning shades ranging from blues to pinks, neutrals, greens and metallics.   All are of the standard you've come to expect and love from Urban Decay, they're creamy, buttery, blendable and highly pigmented without too much fallout (there will be some though).  The first combination I wore is the blues (below), I really was taken back by how beautiful these looked together - I think I might have scared my family though!  The next day I work the silver shade 'shellshock' with the glittery black 'lovesick' (no matter how many times I write that, I keep going to say lovestick!).

After that, I ventured into the neutrals and experimented with the different browns, either wearing just one shade, or blending lots of them together - they looked beautiful in whichever arrangement I wore them in.  I really do love the matte nude shade 'habit' (middle of bottom row) for highlighting under the browbone too - it's skin coloured but brightens just enough without any shimmer.

The only negatives I can think of with the palette is that it's a little large, so not that travel friendly, but on the flip side of that, if you did take this palette with you, you wouldn't need to take any other shadows with you.  Also, there's the price, it's £42 which for what you get is a really good price, but £42 for a palette feels like quite a lot.  But you do get reasonable sized shadows for this and in really beautiful packaging.  I would recommend this to anyone and everyone, I absolutely adore it!!!  What's better, it's Urban Decay so it's cruelty free :)

Madness and prank all over the lids
 ** Yes, I know I need my brows done **

Shellshock and lovesick over the lids
** Sadly these two pics of my eyes weren't taken with the new camera, however, they were taken in good light and do the shadows justice **


Is the Vice 2 palette on your wishlist?  Or do you already have it and love it?



This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression

 
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. There are some stunning colours there and the bottom two photos look really good to me, I love the last one x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of both Vice palettes but haven't had a chance to get either :(
    The packaging on this one is awesome though and it's so cool that the shimmery shades kind of reflect the cosmic nature too!

    Raffles Bizarre Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd highly recommend this one, its so beautiful :)

      Delete
  3. The Vice Palettes are divine, I'm just not too sure how much wear I would get out of it as there are some quite bright colours.
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got to be brave ;) You could just work a little of the brighter colours into some more muted looks :) Just above the crease or something :) Emily Noel in beauty broadcast on YouTube is great with that :)

      Delete
  4. Oh damn, I love the look of Ambush and Radar - Voodoo is just stunning! *Puts arm through laptop screen and steals palette* x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is some stunning shades in this palette, its made me want to buy it now!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours! The packaging is awesome too :) http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am obsessed with my Vice 2 and I get a lot of use out of it. The shades are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is gorgeous :) you lucky thing
    thepowderednose.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. This palette looks incredible, so colourful! Would love to play with this!
    I love the navy make up look :)
    Have followed you on bloglovin so I never miss a post, would love it if you could do the same?
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the makeup looks you came up with! Great palette, I love UD eye shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful product, I love the shellshocked shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous colours, you do have to be quite brave though! :)

    Danniella x | www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought this just before Christmas, it's such a fun palette! The blues looks stunning on you (and your brows look great!) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig