Monday 6 January 2014

Handbag essentials

handbag makeup essentials
 Welcome to the first instalment of my new blogging schedule (Monday's, Wednesday's and Fridays (with the odd extra exception) and YouTube on Tuesdays and Saturdays).  I thought I'd kick it off by sharing with you some of my handbag beauty essentials.

The beautiful makeup bag was given to me by Laura (A Scottish Lass) as part of my secret santa prezzies (thank you!!!).  I don't know about you, but sometimes during the day, I start to hate the feeling of the foundation on my skin and I end up taking it off (this is usually when I'm trying one out and don't like it).  I keep some Simple makeup wipes in my desk ready for when this happens.  To make sure I'm armed for this, I keep my Ginvera BB cream with me, it's light, fragrant and with decent coverage, always great to keep handy.

Next my Rimmel Stay Matte powder to help keep my ridiculously oily skin in check.  I also keep a little eye shadow palette on me because sometimes, it doesn't matter whether I've used eye shadow primer and creme shadow as a base for my eye shadow, it still creases like crazy, and when that happens (just to my right eye I might add!), I need to take my eye shadow off and start again - this is where this little trio comes in handy, at the moment it's the Wet n Wild silent treatment trio.

What makeup bag would be complete without a blusher?  Wanting to keep the need for brushes down, I opt for a creme blusher, and something pretty well pigmented - my Canmake creme blusher (which I had in a Japanese makeup swap).

I don't know about you, but sometimes in the morning I forget to put mascara on, it doesn't happen often but for those occasions I keep a mascara in my bag, it's typically one I like, but I'm not reaching for every day, at the moment this is the Max Factor wild mega volume.

Then the most important products, especially for this time of year, lip balms.  I keep quite a few on me to suit my different moods, but these I wear all the time and all day long (wearing the Korres one right now).  I also keep my Dior lip gloss in the bag as it's very close to being a balm, just a lot more shiny :)

For the most part, that's it.  I also keep a bottle of perfume on me (Armani Diamonds) just in case I forget to spritz before I leave the house.  

What makeup essentials do you keep in your bag?  Oh, and do you like my new blogging schedule? Next blog post is incoming on Wednesday, but to keep you going until then, there'll be a new YouTube video tomorrow :)




This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee & Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Ooh fab post and I have the Korres Guava Lip Butter sat on my desk next to me, I might do a similar post x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obbbbsesssed with putting on lip balm at the moment! Its all I keep doing!!

    Daisy x
    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mix of a scehdule! I absolutely adore that makeup bag, it's so cute... my makeup essentials have to be they're real mascara and my lush santa lip tint! :) xx

    http://thevioletreview.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for the Liebster award, here is the link for you to find out the questions etc!
    http://itsmemelblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That feeling, I get it about 1pm where I just want to start over again!!

    Charli... Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle, Hamsters

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to try out the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, heard so many great things about it :-)

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great selection of products! love rim merl stay matte powder!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so glad you like the makeup bag and the trio i look forward to a review of that! Great post gorgeous. L xxx www.ascottishlass.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. really great post! it was really helpful to see which products you use!
    amberblogposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig