Thursday 16 January 2014

January 2014 Birchbox

January Birchbox

It's that time of the month once again for a new Birchbox.  I've been a big fan and champion of theirs since they started here in the UK, but I can't help but feel disappointed.  Don't get me wrong, this isn't a terrible box, but I'm just tired of getting endless amounts of skincare - I want makeup!!  Yes there's a Porefessional (arguably a skincare product), which doesn't actually work for me - it does the reverse and highlights my pores (not a good look).  The thing that excited me most in this box is the Miso soup by Itsu - I love their big tubs of noodles so I'm sure I'll love this too.  I'm sad to see they've ditched their little bags too and opted for pink tissue paper, I much preferred the bags as I could re-purpose them.

All in all I got:

Philip Kingsley moisture balancing conditioner (pretty happy with this)
They claim it moisturises without weighing your hair down, leaving it shiny, smooth and tangle free.

Benefit Porefessional (not a product I'm a fan of)
They claim it magically erases pores and leaves skin velvety.

Rodial Glamtox night (dubious about how the product has discoloured the packaging)
They claim it's a super-hydrating formula, that it smoothes the complexion and plumps fine lines.

Vasanti detox facial cleanser (interested to see what this is like)
They claim it washes away toxins and all traces of foundation

Premae instant renewal body oil (interested to see what this is like too)
They claim it moisturises, tones and detoxifies skin.

All in all a couple of products I'm interested to try.  But I'll be honest, I am thinking about cancelling this box, which is a real shame as I've been such a steadfast fan of it.  

Did you get a box this month?  What did you think of yours?




This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovelyLuchessa from Beauty Expression

 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. It's shame you didn't get on with this box! I cancelled mine after the December box because I sick of getting skin care too. I liked trying new brands but I wanted a bit of variety. The only thing I would have wanted to try is the Benefit Porefessional just because of all the hype around it, but other than that I'm quite happy that I didn't carry on.

    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing i would have wanted out of this box was the benefit sample! Not surprised your disappointed, i would have been!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't get over the cuteness of the Benefit Porefessional! Love minis!
    I would also be a little disappointed with the lack of make-up, especially if it's a recurring thing.
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for featuring Premae Instant Renewal Body Oil. Spray it on and ejoy it. Let us know if you see any improvements to the texture/ appearance of your skin.
    Clare Eluka
    www.premaeskincare.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They included a food inside a beauty subscription box? Anyway, sorry to hear about your disappointment on this. Probably give them another chance :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig