Monday 3 February 2014

Where I've been..

If you don't follow me on Twitter, you may be wondering where I disappeared to this last week.  I'll start from the beginning.

Last Friday (24th Jan), just after I got into work, I had a message from my brothers fiancee asking me to call her urgently.  I picked up the phone to the news that my brother had died the night before from a massive heart attack.  He had just turned 47, and leaves behind two young children (6 and 4).

On the Monday we took on the 18 hour drive to southern France to be with his significant other and children, and ready for his funeral.  

Julian (my brother), lived in southern France, so I didn't get to see him very often, but we'd chat on skype and the phone regularly.  Julian was someone so full of life, he was loud and kind, he'd go out of his way to help people and get to know them.  He was one of a kind.

His funeral was held in the village he lived in and the entire town turned up to say goodbye.  Before the funeral started, a local blasted some David Bowie out from their room - Julian loved music, and David Bowie was one of his favourites.  The church was packed full, every seat taken, and rows of people standing at the back- he was much loved by everyone who met him.  After that, we had a small service for him at the crematorium where some of his friends said some beautiful things about him. 

It was a really tough week, filled with ups and downs, but I am glad to be back home now.

I'm sorry to my advertisers for the lack of posts this last week, and the lack of an advertisers post - I'll try my best to make up for it :) 

Julian Urrutia - my brother
Julian working away in his ice cream & coffee van that he loved so much

Glace Camille
His little Citroen H1 ice cream & coffee van


So, that's been my week.  I hope you've all had a better week than me, I could do with some positive stories, so why not leave a comment below telling me the lovely things you've done last week :)




This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression

 
SHARE:

41 comments

  1. Aw hun *massive hugs* how terribly sad that he grew his wings so early xx
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely... I still can't actually believe it's happened :(

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear this tragic news, my thoughts are with you - sounds like you are being incredibly strong. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely... it's been one of the worst weeks of my life, , I just feel numb :/

      Delete
  3. You have shown so much strength even writing this post, I hope thing become easier to cope with:) on Friday I attended my first ever Moroccan wedding, I was nervous as it is completely different than the typical British wedding but I had such an amazing time and proved no matter what culture or religion you are part of the main thing that is obvious, the love of a family x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweetie, hopefully in time it will, but I don't think I'll ever really 'get over it', but hopefully I'll find a way to get on with my life and make the most of it :) I remember seeing your tweets that you were heading to Morocco, it sounds like you had a fantastic time, thanks for sharing a bit of positivity :) I love what you said about the 'love of a family' - family was the most important thing to my brother :)

      Delete
  4. I'm incredibly sorry to hear this. We all know what the pain is like from losing a loved one, I just hope you take comfort in the fact that you don't just have your family, but many blog followers that would be there for you if you needed support.

    x
    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Jessica, that's such a lovely thing to say :) I've actually had a lot of support via Twitter and Facebook from blog followers and friends, it's really helped me get through this :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it was a fitting service for him, sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, he would have loved the David Bowie blaring out and how many people were there.

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh so sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, it's been a horrific week :/

      Delete
  8. Love your photography!
    Make sure to check out my blog:

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive just come across your blog and I just wanted to send my love. It does get easier... xo

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) Yeah - both Julian and I mourned the loss of our mother together 8 years ago, so unfortunately I'm not a stranger to the process - it just feels different with Jools - I never expected or thought he'd go before me, even though he's older than me :(

      Delete
  10. So sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you're ok and I'm here if you fancy a chat jessb1991@gmail.com, Great blog keep up the good work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for your loss. I wish your family the best in coping with this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I've already said it - but I'm so sorry to hear this Georgina. Last week I discovered 30sbloggers and I think that was the highlight of my week! As I told you, I thought of you, but it wasn't the best time for me to announce that there was somewhere for us oldies to go! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly :)

      And thanks for starting the #30sbloggers tag, I love it already :)

      Delete
    2. Oh I can't take credit for starting it, that was someone else! I found it in week two and there was only about five of us. X

      Delete
  13. I'm so sorry for your loss!! All the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet to write this post <3
    I love your blog and your sweetness, also in this tragic moment for you <3
    Love
    Cary from Italy
    http://c--makeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely, that's so sweet of you :)

      Delete
  15. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending massive hugs. x x x

    P.S. I would like to put a large boot up the arse of the person above who dared ask you to check out her blog on such a sensitive post. How thoughtless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Yeah I don't think she read the post :)

      Thanks for your kind words :)

      Delete
  16. So very sorry to hear your tragic news! My thought's are with you and your family at this tough time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, that's really sweet of you xxx

      Delete
  17. My gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, sending my love and my thoughts are with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. My thoughts have been with you since I heard the news, sounds like the funeral was the perfect tribute to your brother.
    I did something I've never done before this week... went to watch a wrestling match!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear about your brother, it's an awful thing to go through. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

    I went to watch Wicked in London last week on the sour of the moment which was amazing.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry to hear this Georgina - thinking about you. Take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry to hear this sad news, thinking of you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear of your terrible loss. My heart goes out to you; I'm not sure how I would cope. Sending you love and hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thinking of you - I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now - you are showing incredible strength. Love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better now that you're home and also that the funeral was so fitting. Take care lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig