Wednesday 1 January 2014

A look back to 2013


Happy new year everyone!  I wasn't planning on publishing another blog post until Monday 6th (when my new blogging schedule started) but I had the urge to write a post looking back at 2013, on the good and bad things that happened :)

Overall, 2013 was a good year - there weren't any deaths in my family, work was good, all in all a year to be thankful for.  In a little more detail, here's what happened :)
  • Chris and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary (and 12 years in total being together)
  • I spent Christmas with my family in Ireland, spending quality time with my Dad and Nana
  • I lost a lot of weight (which I mostly regained...)
  • The year ended with some good personal achievements at work
  • We learnt how to make sushi :)
  • I achieved quite a few blog milestones (reaching 1,000 then 2,000 subscribers) :)
  • I travelled to London twice for blogger events and got to meet lots of lovely fellow beauty bloggers like Tattooed Tea Lady!
  • I was invited to lots of local blogger events, one of the highlights being the Elf shop launch

And here's the things that weren't so good...
  • I spent a night in hospital in London after having my first SVT (Supra ventricular tachycardia) - that was in April, and I've been on a waiting list to see a cardiologist all year, but I finally have an appointment for later on in Jan
  • My Nana fell very ill and nearly passed away, but thankfully she pulled through :)
  • Regaining the weight I lost... I'm determined to lose it again this year and keep it off!

There were quite a few other good and bad bits, but these were the main ones :)  I'm also determined that 2014 will finally be the year that Laura from A Scottish Lass and I will finally meet in real life too :D


What were your highlights of 2013?



This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee & Cosmetics
 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am happy for you that your Nana got better! Also, I really want to learn how to make sushi as well! It's my favourite food ever but it seems so complicated to make..
    Congrats on the blog milestones!

    Happy 2014!
    xx nathalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig