Thursday 23 January 2014

Watches, watches, oh beautiful watches...

You may or may not know, two summers ago I treated myself to a Michael Kors rose gold watch.  I'd been saving up for a while and had some birthday money and finally took the plunge.  Whilst I couldn't be happier with my gorgeous watch, I am starting to crave adding another to my collection - there might be an obsession starting here!  Anyway, I've put a bit of a wishlist together, and just for fun, a wishlist from www.watches-of-switzerland.co.uk (some nice Chanel watches and Cartier!), after all, Swiss watches are known to be some of the best in the world.

Michael Kors wishlist

Left: $225, Middle $180, Right $250


High end wishlist

Left £3,775 (Chanel - J12 automatic), Middle £4,150 (Cartier - Ballon bleu de Cartier), Right £3,350 (Chanel J12 automatic 38 mm)


I've had a long time obsession with all things Chanel.  One day, I'd love to own my very own Chanel bag one day, and sunglasses, and watch, and... well, anything that has Chanel on it!  I think that's why I've become a little obsessed with their makeup - its the one bit of Chanel I can actually afford.  I've managed to get Chris into Chanel aftershave too - he wears Allure Sport - it smells so good!!!

Going back to watches, you get two basic different ones, fashion watches, and timepieces - my MK is a fashion watch - it's not something designed to last a long time - but a Chanel or Rolex or Cartier, they're timepieces, they're designed to last a life time.  A good watch can be such a statement piece and you really don't need to spend crazy money on them.  I know the list above is really focussed on luxury, spending like if money was no object, but there are other more purse friendly alternatives available on the high street if your budget doesn't stretch.

If I'm investing in a new watch, there's a few things I like to look out for.  I know I own a rose gold Michael Kors, but after nearly two years of wear (pretty much every day) there isn't much rosyness left on it, I'm not sure if I can get it re-coated?  But, for me, I want the clasp to be easy to get on and off, that's something I love about my watch, I don't need to wedge my nail under the clasp.  I like some sparkle too, there's nothing wrong with a bit of bling :)  I like quite a big watch, not your typical 'ladies' watch, for me it needs to make a statement of its own.

Seriously though, how gorgeous are all these watches?  Which is your favourite?  I'm not sure I could pick just one!  I love the middle MK one because it's so different and not typical of a MK rose gold watch, and it goes without saying I adore both the Chanel watches and the Cartier one, they look so luxurious and elegant, really really stunning.



This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Luchessa from Beauty Expression

 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Gorgeous watches, I'll have one of each ;o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a MK watch nearly four years ago now and seeing everyone slowly get basically the same one has made me stop wearing mine! I really love the middle one though, it's got all the elegance of MK watches but with a distinctively different look! xx
    www.touchscreensandbeautyqueens.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove the MK watches and I would really love to have one! :D The MK watch on the right is my favourite. ^_^

    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost got the right one by MK, but it was a bit too big for my thin arm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first Michael Kors!
    http://roseandpose. com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watch is not just a fashionable item today; it’s also a very useful gadget both for men and women also.

    http://www.edmond-watches.com/swiss-watch-brand/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig