Thursday 22 May 2014

Advice to my teenage self

I've been in quite a reflective mood today, so I thought this would be the perfect post, and something more personal to share with you.

Dear teenage me, 

During the next 15-20 years, you've learned a lot.  You go through a lot of stress, some of which I can't possibly prepare you for, but there are things I've learned along the way that I don't want to you stress about.
  1. Don't worry about what others think, in a few years, you really won't care, and that's when you're really happy
  2. You may hate the way you look right now, but trust me, you look awesome
  3. Be proud of who you are, you're 100% unique, just be yourself
  4. Don't worry about boys, you meet 'the one' quite young, so just go out, enjoy yourself, he'll be waiting for you
  5. Despite what you think, you can have babies, I should know, I'm 19 weeks pregnant :)
  6. Music will always be a big part of your life
  7. This is a big one, make sure you're ready to read this.  You outlive your mother and brother, make the most of them while you can and brush up on your French.  You will be strong enough to cope with this, but it's going to be very hard - your husband will be an amazing support to you
  8. You try sushi and love it, it's now your favourite food (and it's healthy!)
  9. You give up being vegetarian (Dad cooks Superquinn's sausages...) - but you go back to it when you're older and you stick with it
  10. You still love cats (even more than you do now)
  11. You wanted to be like mum - have a house, kids and be married by the time you were 30, you get 2 out of 3
  12. The friends you are closest to now, you keep in contact with, but they're not your best friends anymore
  13. After 12 years together, you're yet to have an argument with your husband :)
  14. You are very close to your step-dad still, and regularly visit him in Pembrokeshire
  15. You move to Pembrokeshire (when you're a teenager)
  16. Don't let the bullies get to you at School - when you get the courage to turn around and face them, they're cowards who stop beating you up, as for the girls - well, they carry on, but you'll be rid of them soon
  17. You don't finish Uni, you leave close to the end of your final year - this is your biggest regret, ignore the lecturer Ellie when she tells you the night before your project is due in to re-do the whole thing, that single act costs you your degree
  18. Go to the Drs and demand a thyroid function test - you have an underactive thyroid that the Drs refuse to test you for and doesn't get diagnosed until you're 30
  19. You eventually own a Mac and a DSLR :)  Be patient, it takes a long time!
  20. You go to some amazing gigs and have some amazing experiences
  21. Drink less when you're 18/19
  22. You become a blogger - you have no idea what that is, but you'll love it <3
  23. Try to worry less - you're pretty much becoming mum, so try not to worry, things have a funny way of working themselves out
  24. Don't worry about the braces, they'll be off before you know it
  25. Make an effort to learn to drive as soon as you can!!!
I know some of these are more telling you things thats going to happen, but I don't want you to stress too much about them when they do.  Some things, like deaths, no amount of preparing and knowing will ever make you ready for it, you just have to go through it, and come out the other side.

Other things, you need to make more effort on, like your degree, and ignore everything Ellie (lecturer) tells you, what she's telling you isn't in your best interests.  But even with all that, everything does eventually work out, so try to stay happy and positive and enjoy the ride that is life :)

35 year old Georgina 
xxx


P.S.  Wear more red lipstick :)



SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Awww this is such a lovely post!

    It will be great for a lot of younger bloggers to also relate to some of the points you've made too :)

    Laura - Laura's All Made Up ♥
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, just re-read my comment, when I say "younger" bloggers I meant teenagers lol! Not suggesting you're old haha - just needed to clarify that! xx

      Delete
    2. It's ok Laura, I knew what you meant :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this post Georgina! I can't believe you've never had an argument with your husband!!!! WOW! In my case it's more like 12 hours :) haha.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yep, don't get me wrong, we bicker sometimes, but having a full blown argument with yelling has never happened, might be different when the baby comes though :P

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! It's made me think what I would say to my younger self - I would definitely add the bit about not worrying about boys and meeting the one young!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - something I always stressed about :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig