Thursday 29 May 2014

MAC Alluring Aquatic lipstick - Goddess of the sea

MAC Alluring aquatic lipstick in goddess of the sea - with all packaging

MAC Alluring aquatic lipstick in goddess of the sea - close up

MAC Alluring aquatic lipstick in goddess of the sea - swatched on the back of my hand

MAC Alluring aquatic lipstick in goddess of the sea - applied with a lip brush

MAC Alluring aquatic lipstick in goddess of the sea - applied via the bullet

Never before have I jumped on a MAC limited edition launch bandwagon.  Yes I like their products, but for some reason, none have really grabbed me before, until now.

A couple weeks ago I saw a blogger share a picture of a lipstick they'd bought from the 'Alluring Aquatic' collection, and I honestly though she'd sprinkled water on it to make it more 'Aquatic'  Oh how I was wrong!

After seeing a couple of bloggers talk about the 3D droplet effects on the packaging, I was hooked!  I had to go into MAC anyway to pick up some giveaway prizes and when I was there I saw the collection.  They'd sold out of nearly all of it, apart from the lipstick shade I was most drawn to (Goddess of the sea).

Goddess of the sea is a mauvy plum colour from their cremesheen range, so it's also fairly hydrating. It's not exactly a matte lipstick, but a fairly glossy one.  This is only the 3rd MAC lipstick to make it into my collection (others being Rebel and Creme cup).  I've only worn it a couple of times, but from when I have worn it, it lasts as well as other MAC lipsticks I've worn, and lasts best when applied with a lip brush (I find this true of all lipsticks), you get a nice defined line that way too.  It also has that MAC lipstick smell that you find with all their other lippies, it's a lovely sweet scent.

It's a beautiful lipstick in even-more beautiful packaging - this certainly won't be a piece making the chop when I have a clear-out ever, this is a dressing-table piece that I'll keep well beyond it's time to throw it away.





SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Gorgeous packaging and lovely deep shade :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging is gorgeous and the shade is lovely too :) xo's

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stunning isn't it! Yeah, love the shade, very me!

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely colour and the packaging is stunning xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Check out my MAC lipstick giveaway! Click here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a pretty shade, looks fab on you too x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, I really wish I'd picked one of these up, guessing I'm too late now though!
    I'm really shocked that you only have three Mac lipsticks, for some reason I assumed you would have loads! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's too late - I picked it up from the free standing store in the Capital Centre just over a week ago :D Nope, I have loads of lipsticks, but only 3 MAC :)

      Delete
  6. I think this is the stand out colour from the collection, love the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree :) Everything else was very 'nude' toned, this was a little different :) Much more me :)

      Delete
  7. Oh wow it is more pink on you! It looks lovely! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah see! Like a different colour :) That's why it's always nice to see pics of it on the lips, always better to see it in place :)

      Delete
  8. The colour is so lovely and that packaging... OMG. Found your blog on Facebook and I'm so glad I followed the link! =)

    http://eljovenlector.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Packaging is ERMERGHERD amazing!!! Aww thanks :D

      Delete
  9. I want this SO bad!! You've tipped me over the edge and I think I need a trip to the MAC counter asap - hopefully it's not already sold out when I get there though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe #sorrynotsorry :)

      It was the one shade still in stock when I went so you might well be lucky :)

      Delete
  10. GAHHH it's such a pretty colour! And as for the packaging! I think that's the nicest limited edition packaging that MAC has ever come out with!

    Amy | The Little Koala Blog ♥
    Blog Designs at | Little Koala Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree Amy :) The packaging is why I *HAD* to have it :)

      Delete
  11. I got this one as well. It called to me over all the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really wanted something from this collection just because the packaging looks so amazing but I was disappointed to find that none of the shades really stood out for me. This was the lipstick shade that appealed to me the most and when I swatched it in store last week I discovered it is a lovely shade. But I was good and resisted buying it (and it most likely would have been out of stock anyway I expect) x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough - I guess it can't appeal to everyone :) You did really well to stay strong and not buy anything, I didn't have that will power :D

      Delete
  13. This is beautiful on you, I really do regret not picking up one of the lipsticks from this line.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  14. This really is a gorgeous colour on you. I regret not picking any of the lipsticks up from this collection, the shades on offer were right up my street.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig