Friday 16 May 2014

Bourjois magic nail polish remover

Bourjois magic nail polish remover

It's taken me forever to get around to writing this, but I was also late to the party (typical me!).  I picked this up in Superdrug about a month ago and thought I'd give it a go.  I wanted a nail polish remover I could keep in my bag, that was hassle free and easy to use.  Inside this pot is a dark grey sponge, which is soaked in nail polish remover, and sweet almond oil.

Now, it claims it removes the polish in 1 second, this isn't true, but it does remove it really quickly! Definitely more quickly than if I was doing it the traditional way.  With heindsight, I should really have taken pics of me removing my nail polish, so I'm afraid you'll just have to take my word :)  With a normal cream shade, it takes about 5-10 seconds per nail realistically.  With glitter, it takes a bit longer and more effort, but it does remove it.  

One of my favourite things about this is the lovely scent it gives my nails & finger tips once the polish has been removed, it's the 'red fruit & vanilla' they've added to it - however, it does leave my fingers feeling oily, so I always wash my hands straight after using this, which usually gets rid of that lovely scent too, bummer.

The price-point of this isn't great, it's just over £5, which when you compare that to a pack of cotton wool and some standard nail polish remover, is around £2 more expensive, but even saying that, I think it's worth it.  It's much more hassle free, it's quicker and it's convenient.  It easily fits in my bag so if my nails are chipping left, right and centre when I'm out and about, in the space of about 1 minute, I can have all the nail polish taken off all my nails - that's pretty good!  The only downside really, is that after maybe 5-10 uses, the sponge inside does start breaking apart a little, I noticed tiny pieces of sponge on my fingers when I was removing them, but this didn't bother me as I was going to wash my hands anyway.

Would I replace this?  Definitely, I plan to as soon as it's run out or stops being effective.  It's so easy to use, it smells nice and it's convenient, well done Bourjois, another fantastic product from you - knocking it out of the park product-launch after product-launch :)






 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I do really want to try this but I change my toes a lot as well and don't think it would work for that. Figure if I have to buy nail polish remover anyway I might as well use it!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have something really similar to this, and it never seemed to work very well… But it does sound more effective!

    The Oxford Owl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig