Saturday 17 May 2014

Things I'm looking forward to this year

My baby at 12 weeks

Happy Friday :)  I thought I'd break the pace of beauty reviews and do something a little different today, I thought I'd write about all the things I'm looking forward to this year.  If you've been reading my blog for the past few months, you'll know my year got off to a horrific start - I won't regurgitate it all now, but if you want to read about it before you carry on, here it is.

After that horrible start to the year, our worlds got turned upside down once more, but in a wonderful way.  I found out that I was pregnant and we were expecting our first baby - I honestly couldn't be happier (well, if certain people in my life were still here, that would make me happier, but I'm a realist and that's not possible).  Hubby and I had been trying for about 8 months and had pretty much given up hope.  Well, now that I'm 18 weeks pregnant, nearly 19, I'm out of the scary woods and looking forward to a wonderful year.

(If you want to read about my pregnancy journey, it's over on my new mummy blog www.mummy-pixie.com)

May
This month I'm hoping to start learning to drive, properly.  The hubby took me out a couple of times in early Jan, but I think he was a bit nervous in our nice car (a snazzy Honda Civic) without it having dual controls.  Now that I'm preggers, I want to pass my test while I can still fit behind the wheel, if possible.

Also this month I have my 20 week scan (on the 27th), we'll find out if everything is ok with Squidge, and if they're a boy or a girl (as long as they're not hiding their bits) - this can't come soon enough!

Summer
I'm looking forward to having a nice Summer with my hubby before the baby comes.  Once his exam is done in early June (he's doing an OU degree), he'll have 3-4 months off - this is when project baby prep gets underway and we get the house ready for our new arrival - very exciting stuff!

I'm hoping we can spend some long evenings on the decking just relaxing and spending quality time together.

We're also hoping to go away for a long weekend together, but I'm not sure we'll be able to afford this, I think we'll need to save all our extra pennies for £600+ a month we'll be losing when I'm on maternity leave... don't ask how we're going to cope, I'm still trying to figure that out!

Autumn
This is a special time of year, our baby is due 13th October, so obviously looking forward to that and everything that follows.  Autumn is my favourite time of year anyway, the lovely leaves falling off the trees, the cooler weather and the Earth beginning to hibernate ready for winter (needless to say, Autumn is a totally plausible name if we have a girl).

The future
I'm looking forward to spending our first Christmas as a new family, to seeing Squidge's first smile, to hearing their first cry, to looking after their every need, to the night feeds, to the cute little outfits, to it all.  I never thought I'd look forward to being a parent this much.  When we decided to try, it was because we always saw kids in our future, but that was it, it was always the future and never the now. But as I was getting older, my years to make babies were disappearing, so it was now or never :)

I thought it would be nice to post something personal, and much more positive than my previous personal posts this year!

What are you looking forward to this year?







 
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Congratulations! How exciting :-)
    I'm currently pregnant with my first and I only have 7 weeks left eek (how did it go by so fast) I am super excited for my summer baby.
    I am enjoying following your blog :-)

    Jodie x
    www.retrococktail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie :) Eel you must be so excited!? Oh it's going to be so lovely for you to have a summer baby :) Mine you, I'm looking forward to an autumn baby (my favourite season) :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Exciting times indeed, I can relate ;)

    Jo x
    www.woobered.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy for you! I hope you have a smooth pregnancy ^_^
    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) So far it hasn't been too bad, although I am protein deficient at the moment, so off to the Drs tomorrow for that! (I'll write up about it in my weekly update on the mummy blog if you want to follow it) :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats hun :) I have 3 children myself. hope you have a smooth pregnancy lovely !
    Melissa | The Inked Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, positive post! I'm excited for you and your amazing year ahead :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! on the baby!! :D so exciting, i know the feeling of giving up when your trying for that one thing you want more than anything! ive been trying 7 years 2012 and it still didnt happen so descided too go on a break 2 years later we are thinking about it again! so sorry about your brother may his memories last forever, adore this post, lots of love and wishis, heather over at http://prettylittleteacupp.blogspot.co.uk/ xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely post, congratulations lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn is a beautiful name, did you find out the sex of the baby when you went for the scan in May? Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig