Wednesday 14 May 2014

Wantable beauty box - May 2014

May Wantable makeup box products

Wantable may products

Wantable May nail polish on nails

Wantable may products swatched

Another month, and that means another wonderful Wantable makeup box*.  The UK beauty boxes pale into comparison compared to this, every month I feel like there's great products, after great products and this month is no exception.  This box was put together by Teresa Sammarco, she's the in-house beauty editor for Wantable.

This is probably my favourite makeup box I've had so far, everything in it I'd use (and will!).  So, lets dig in!  ** all of these products are on a first impression basis, I haven't had a chance to use any of these yet **

Three Custom Colour highlighter in warm white - retails for $22.50*
On swatching this looks beautiful, not too shimmery or glittery, but soft and pretty, easily perfect for everyday wear.  Looking forward to using this on my cheekbones :)  ** EDIT - I've been wearing this the past couple of days since I wrote this post and it's the most gorgeous natural highlighter, not glittery and not over the top - very suitable for day wear which is when I wore it **

Spellbound nail lacquer in Omen - retails for $14*
Lets just say I'm super impressed with this!  To get the nails in the pic above took ONE COAT!  It wasn't streaky, it dried quickly and is a gorgeous colour.  I can't say what the durability is like as I've only had it on for a few hours, but first impressions are good :)  ** EDIT - been wearing this since Sunday (when I wrote this post) and only today (Weds) has it started to chip, and only on my right hand and only a tiny bit - one coat was all I needed and it's lasting amazingly!!!! **

Real techniques retractable kabuki brush - retails for $10*
This I was really excited to see in there, you can ask my hubby, I gasped with excitement when I saw this!  It was nice to see a brand I was familiar with.  It's lovely to be introduced to all these new brands, but a bit of familiarity now and then is great too.  This is something I haven't tried and will be perfect for my makeup bag for on-the-go.

Eddie Funkhouser high intensity cheek colour in Peep Show - retails for $8.99*
One of the more 'affordable' products in the box, this is one I really like.  Again, only swatching, but it was well pigmented but not over the top, it was soft but not chalky and the colour is gorgeous, I'll be using this in the morning when I'm getting ready for work, can't wait to see it on the cheeks! ** EDIT - have been wearing this since I wrote this post on Sunday too - absolutely gorgeous colour, nice pigmentation, not too crazy, and it lasts well **

MiA BelleZZa luxury eyeshadow trio in Mauvy - retails for $24.50*
This is a lovely looking trio, the colours are just like the shade says, mauvy, the darkest colour is like a deep smoky plum, the middle shade has a bit more cranberry to it, and the other shade is a pink-toned brow-bone highlight.  I'll be wearing this tomorrow too.  Pigmentation seemed good, not mind blowing, but pretty decent, but I'll only really know when I wear it.  So keep your eyes peeled for a full review!  ** EDIT - Wore this Mon and Tues - and had compliments on it.  The cranberry-type colour is massively pigmented and so gorgeous, the darkest colour you have to work with to get the full colour out of it, but it's lovely when you do - and the highlight shade is stunning, perfect for the brow bone **

The total value of this box (in dollars) adds up to be $79.99, which at the current exchange rate works out to be £47.49.  These are all full size products, not sample size.  For a one-off subscription, it's $36 which at the current exchange rate works out to be around £21 - not bad for the value of the box :)  All in all I'm really impressed with this box, I love it and can't wait to do my makeup in the morning to use it all!  Certainly more impressed with this than I am the recent Birchboxes (which I've just cancelled).

If you're interested in subscribing to Wantable, you can subscribe here, for more information, visit their site here.





This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jaina from Which Beauty Box UK

 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Fantastic box! The highlighter and blush look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sandra, it's an amazing box, the highlighter is beautiful :)

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant box! Love that you got a RT brush too, I'm already swooning over the eye shadow colours!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good Belle!! Yeah, love there was a RT brush in there :D The eye shadow trio is stunning!

      Delete
  3. I'd be soo happy with this box.
    I love the highlighter
    | | Dreams Of New York | |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, the best beauty box I've ever had :D In love with it!

      Delete
  4. What an amazing box!! The highlighter is GORGEOUS!

    CazmosWorld

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing box!! All of the products look really good and I did a little gasp when I saw the RT brush!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you loved my polish! That formula took a lot of time to create and OMEN is my staple red! Looks great on you - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan :) It's seriously amazing, probably my favourite red in my collection and lasted on my nails for a week, without a top coat! :)

      Delete
  7. This is a fantastic beauty box, I've seen this company a few times around the blogosphere. Although very much still value for money once you add on shipping and tax it works out about £30 per month which is a bigger commitment than uk beauty boxes, but you can't deny you get some good stuff xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig