Thursday 12 June 2014

Top 3 nail polishes for Summer

Top 3 nail polishes for Summer

Happy Thursday! I hope you've been enjoying my Summer series :)  So far we've covered blushers, foundations and today it's the turn for nail polish!  Oh, and lets not forget the Summer TAG I created that went live yesterday too :)

Personally I tend to stay away from dark colours in the Summer.  When it's all warm and perfect for summer dresses, I tend to lean towards brights or pastels, which is where this little selection comes from.

Essie Cascade Cool
I really adore this pink for many reasons, first off, it looks like strawberry or raspberry ice cream, yummy!  It looks amazing on any skin tone, and I love the quality of it.  It's great at disguising ridges and almost giving your nails a fake look, like they're perfect and glued on :P  It lasts really well, very long wearing before chipping and as with all Essie nail polishes, the applicator is decent too.

M&S Limited Collection in Pale Peach
Such a pretty shade!  I love having this on my nails, it looks great with really pale skin like mine and despite it's budget price (around £2 if I recall) it lasts really well and has a decent price.  Here's a tip, if you have this shade, or one like it, get hold of Chloe by Zoya - it's the perfect top coat for it - it's coral with holographic sheer fragments in it, very very pretty.

Tanya Burr nail polish in Little Duck
Ok, not only does this have a very cute little name but it's an absolutely gorgeous colour that makes me really happy to look at :)  I'm not a big fan of glitter polishes anymore, just because they're a nightmare to remove, that's why you'll find that most of my favs are cream shades.  Teal nail polishes are probably my favourites, or shades like Essie's mint candy apple - they're all gorgeous!  They make your hands look summery and pretty and personally, they just put me in a better mood as I see them moving across my keyboard while I'm writing blog posts or tweeting.

So there you have it, my top 3 nail polishes for Summer!  Whilst this series is pretty much at an end (for now), I will be doing another series in a few weeks which will be similar, but looking at other products like eye shadows and lipsticks etc, I hope you've enjoyed it :)

What's your favourite nail polishes for the Summer months?




 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love the peach polish, such an unusual colour but very cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't it, as soon as I saw it I had to have it :)

      Delete
  2. I love essie polishes, I'll have to pick up this one next time I'm out. That peach is gorgeous! Perfect for summer, as is the teal. I'd love to try out Tan's line, I don't know where I can get in it the US without ordering online!
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too - the quality is great :) Hmm yeah, hopefully she'll launch over there soon :)

      Delete
  3. Oooo I really want that peach shade! I have never been big on Essie polishes, had loads of bad experiences. But your description is making me want to try some more!
    Great post!
    bellesplash.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! Aww that's a shame about Essie - for me, 9/10 they're great and this pink one I really love :)

      Delete
  4. I love the pink Essie polish :) So cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colours, they're right up my street! I need to go and check out M&S, that nail varnish is a bargain! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig