Monday 30 June 2014

Macadamia Flawless

Macadamia flawless

Macadamia flawless nozzle

Please, please excuse the terrible quality of this photo! Every time I used Flawless, we had terrible grey weather and I couldn't get a good pic, this was as I was getting ready for work, just before I left the house.  Hopefully you can still see the lovely sheen my hair has after using it :)

I've been using this product for about 4-6 weeks now, certainly long enough to decide if I like it or not.

This first popped onto my radar when Fleur de Force did a bathroom tour and mentioned it.  She really liked it and was a little confused as it claims to be so many products in one, and it's in a can.  When Beauty Bay had a big sale on their Macadamia products, I snapped up another tub of the masque and I thought I'd give Flawless a try.

It claims to cleanse, condition, refine and perfect, so as well as being a conditioner, it's a bit of a treatment too.  You get 250ml of product in the can which is pretty decent.  The consistency is similar to a mousse, but a lot thicker and doesn't expand much at all (only after you've put the cap on!).  And just as you'd expect, it uses macadamia and argan oil.

The first couple of times I used this, I did get quite a burning sensation on my scalp which made me really nervous as I've had a full blown chemical burn (a few years ago) from a well known hair salon. However, we figured out what it was.  Remember my experience with the Yes to Cucumber face wipes?  Well, the eczema that gave me worked its way backwards into my hair (yeah... that was fun). So my scalp was sore and sensitive (I probably shouldn't have used this then).  I rinsed it immediately (as soon as the burning started) and my scalp felt fine.  I left it a couple of weeks until my scalp had recovered (from Yes to Cucumbers, not this) and tried it again.  This time it was fine.

In fact, every time since it has been fine :)  The thing I can't get past about this, is how amazing it makes my hair feel every time I use it.  You know when you get your hair done, and after your hair feels really light and breezy, but it has a nice weight to it and feels really silky?  That's what this does to my hair. Every single time I use it, I become obsessed with feeling my hair!  It feels amazing! So soft and healthy.  I don't use it every time I wash my hair, perhaps 1-2 times a week, but that's enough, I don't want my hair to get to used to it, otherwise it won't feel this awesome every time I use it :)

I really didn't think this is something I'd be looking to re-purchase, and you know what, when the baby comes I won't have the money to do that, so I'll be stocking up before hand so I have enough to last me a while ;)

What's also nice, it's paraben free.  The can I bought is the biggest one they sell, and retails (on Beauty Bay) for just over £16, I honestly think it's worth every last penny :)  It might just be my all time favourite hair care product.



 
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. This sounds gorgeous, it's hard to believe one can of product can do all that!!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's crazy! I used it today in honor of today's blog post, my hair feels so lovely today :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like such a cool product! I'd love to give it a try. I've just had my hair coloured lighter so trying to take better care of it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interested by this brand, don't know why I've yet to give them a go!

    Sam
    sjmcdf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! TK Maxx often sell them a bit cheaper than online stores :)

      Delete
  4. I need to give this a try! I love the Macadamia brand :) xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This product seems miraculous. Must give it a try x

    llyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! My hair feels amazing today (after using it this morning) :)

      Delete
  6. I like this sound of this! I think I would probably get over excited with the foam and overuse it :)

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it doesn't foam up quite like a mousse, it pretty much keeps it's form - but the consistency is like a heavy mousse, hard to describe :)

      Delete
  7. Do you apply this as a shampoo or a conditioner, or is it like a 2 in 1 product? Sounds sooooo good, next time there is a sale I think I need to get this!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You apply it as a conditioner, after shampooing :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig