Tuesday 10 June 2014

Top 3 foundations for Summer

Top 3 foundations for Summer

Welcome back to the next instalment of my favourites for Summer series!  Today it's all about foundation, and whilst I haven't shown these products in place on my skin, I have done in previous reviews, and besides, this isn't a big review, it's more of a favourites :)

Makeup Forever HD foundation
This I picked up in Sephora when I was in France in Jan.  It hasn't suited my skin that well until now, I can thank pregnancy for that (and Origins skincare!).  My skin the last few months has been rough like sandpaper, dry and covered in spots.  I've been foundation free for most of that time, and actually got myself out of the habit of wearing it every day (which is very empowering!).  This lasts really well, it's medium-buildable coverage but looks really natural on the skin.

What surprises me about this, every time I'm wearing it and I feel like maybe I'm looking oily and patching, when I look in the mirror, it looks pretty much perfect!  It's long wearing and deals with little dry patches really well (better than my Chanel velvet foundation).  If you can get to a Sephora or get your hands on this, I highly recommend it - mine doesn't have a shade on it, but it was the lightest shade they sold :)

Chanel perfection lumiere velvet
I reviewed this recently, it's pretty much my favourite foundation at the moment, despite it not being perfect.

It's not heavy and I'd describe it as light-medium coverage.  It evens out your skin tones great, and sets to a really matte finish (it's basically made for oily skin!).  It lasts a long time on the skin, the only drawback is that if you have any dry patches, it will highlight them and not look great.  So take my advice, exfoliate first to get rid of as much of that dryness as possible, then moisturise and prime. That'll set you in good stead :)  If you're lucky and have oily skin with no dryness (huzzah!), then you needn't worry about that :)

** TIP **
It's not going to be for everyone, so I'd recommend popping to your local Chanel counter if you're thinking about getting it, and ask if you can apply it yourself to try it on.  I always recommend this as often the ladies (or gents) at the counters will apply it too heavily or different from how you would, meaning you might get different results from it.

Rimmel Match Perfection
Last but certainly not least, the wondrous Rimmel match perfection foundation (my shade is 010 Light Porcelain).  I've been recommending this to people for a while, after seeing Tanya Burr rave about it, and on the back of that getting it myself and loving it.  (thanks Tanya!)

This is one of those foundations that sets really well (matte), you'll need to apply a setting powder on top of it, and you won't be shine-free for the day if you have oily skin like me.  However, in spite of that it's a really great foundation.  It gets rid of all the redness on your skin and sets you back to neutral so you can add in the colour and definition where you want it :)  It's a purse-friendly option great for everyday use (review here) :)

So there's my top 3 foundations for the Summer, what 3 would you recommend for being good in the heat?




 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I like the sound of the Rimmel foundation but it's a brand I never get on well with, my skin usually hates it, still might give it a go and see x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame - to be fair I never used to like them either, too many bad experiences when I was a kid, but for me this is one great product :)

      Delete
  2. These all sound fab, I struggle so much with my skin getting even oilier in the summer! Great post, thanks for the recommendations :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't get on with the Rimmel Match Perfection, it's too much for my dry skin but I'm pleased it works for you :D I'd love to try the MUFE foundation, I've seen it mentioned sooo many times! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it's better for normal-oily :) Oh Gemma, the MUFE foundation is SOOOO lovely!

      Delete
  4. MUFE sounds really great. I don't use foundation actually. I stick with BB or CC cream :D

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com | Latest post: Propolis For Acne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I used to do - a good BB cream will offer the same coverage as foundation anyway :) MUFE is very good though :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the recommendations! I tend to just rely on my Laura Mercier primer and my theBalm translucent powder to keep the oil at bay! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love theBalm, I need to try more of their stuff :D

      Delete
  6. I am getting that Rimmel one tomorrow :) I always end up wearing nothing in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really decent, let me know how you get on? :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig