Wednesday 18 June 2014

Origins Ginzing skincare - my saviours

Origins Ginzing moisturiser and refreshing scrub cleanser


A few days ago I wrote a blog post about how my skin had been transformed by some new skincare I was using.  Before this change my skin was rough to touch and very dry (not something I'm used to, I typically have very oily skin).  I'd been using my old go-to moisturisers on a daily basis which just weren't doing anything.  I was using the Nivea pure and natural day moisturiser and the Dr Organic argan night moisturiser.  I was even using Origins Drink Up intense mask, but again, nothing... 

I decided I needed to invest in some really good skincare, not a £5 Nivea one that was no-longer working, but something a little better than that.  So I headed to the Origins counter and explained the trouble I was having with my skin and what I was after.  They recommended the Ginzing energy-boosting moisturiser.  I wasn't after a gel-type texture, but after trying this on the back of my hand (and smelling it!) I was sold.  She also showed me the newly released Ginzing facial scrub cleanser, it's gentle enough to be used daily but good at polishing off any dry skin.  Well, she demonstrated it and once again, I was old!

Anyway, 10 mins later and about £41 lighter, I headed home with my new purchases.  The moisturiser came with a mini Ginzing eye cream and mascara (which was missing from the box - but I'm not bothered about that).  I've been using them for about... 3 weeks now and feel ready to report back on how effective I've found them :)

Ginzing facial scrub cleanser
I've been using this about 5 days a week in the evening before I go to bed.  It smells amazing, very orangey and contains little pieces of jojoba and carnauba wax which help to exfoliate your skin.  It builds up into a very slight gentle lather and rinses off really easily.  After this, I just pat my skin dry and move onto the next bit...

Ginzing energy-boosting moisturiser
I've been using this day and night (the lady on the counter said it's fine to do that) and can honestly say, I adore it.  It sinks right into my skin leaving no oily residue at all in a matter of seconds.  It smells wonderful (think clementines) and a little really goes a long way.  It's formulated without: parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oil, paba, petrolatum, paraffin, dea, synthetic fragrance and animal ingredients - so pretty free from the nasty stuff.

What I love about this, you know how sometimes with gel-like moisturisers, if you put them on at night, and then in the morning wash your face, it feels kinda slimy when you're rinsing it?  Well, that doesn't happen with this, it feels like instead of just setting on your skin, it really absorbs and does some good.

I've been able to wear foundation again thanks to this little pair getting rid of a lot of my dry skin, and it's reduced redness on my skin and made my skin a lot more even.

I really can't rave enough about these two, in my opinion they were worth every penny.  I'll be buying replacements before the baby comes while I can still afford it!




 
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Origins have some amazing products and this are so lovely and light on the skin :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - my first forray into Origins was the drink up mask (before I knew I was preggers) and I loved that, I knew that I needed to go back for some proper daily goodness :)

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately, the Drink Up mask is actually full of known skin irritants, which will aggravate your skin at a cellular level, leading to increased sebum production, which makes acne more likely, cell death and a reduction in the skin's ability to heal itself (you can read about it here - http://bit.ly/1l7BRDz). It smells great, but that's the problem. In fact, I don't think I've come across a single Origins product that doesn't contain a lot of skin irritants - they may be "no nasties" because they are "natural" but there is so much scientific evidence that essential oils are really, really not good for your skin.

      Even worse, the irritant-heavy Ginzing moisturiser comes in a jar - every time you open the lid, you expose the ingredients inside to the air and to sunlight. This will render the antioxidants in the formula far, far less effective as they degrade quickly when open to the elements - I would never recommend a moisturiser that comes in a jar because pretty quickly the formula is made far less impressive than the one you paid for.

      www.clemmiesbigsister.co.uk

      Delete
    3. I definitely don't disagree with you Daisy, especially about the tub I know that's not good. But in spite of all that, I have to say it's worked so well for my skin. And since tweeting about it, I've had so many people tweet me back saying the same thing too, I guess it just works for some people :)

      Delete
  2. Ginzing moisturiser is my holy grail! I've been using it daily for 10 months and I can say, it lasts a good while. I've got about just under half left of my second pot since last August. I have always needed a gel texture as creams just do not sink it whatever I try. I just love this one so so much! I'm eager to try the scrub cleanser since I love the moisturiser so much but I've just got a new cleanser so I may get it and use it as a normal, regular scrub maybe. Glad that you are loving the Ginzing range :) x

    Jessica | Jessica’s Journal ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl after my own heart! I'm already planning to buy another set before the baby comes, just so I have enough to last me for a while after before the money runs out :D

      Delete
  3. I use the GinZing moisturiser in the morning, under my foundation. I've never used a moisturiser underneath before because I've always found it makes me too oily and prone to break outs, and then really shiny by the end of the day. I got a tub of the stuff in a goody bag, and only when I looked at the price of it did I decide to try it. it's LITERALLY been the best thing for my skin. it makes me look revitalised, so awake, and does not clog OR make me shiny. I will definitely splurge and replace once it's gone. Haven't considered the other products in the range, but now maybe I will have to? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree - I love how this has evened out the colour in my skin so I'm less red and blotchy, it sits beautifully under foundation too :)

      Delete
  4. I'm desperate to try the GinZing moisturiser, all the reviews sound amazing. Plus I'm desperate for something to help me look half awake first thing on a morning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can highly recommend this, I love it, it's awesome and it's getting millions of great reviews for a reason ;)

      Delete
  5. I love this range too, its so hydrating & really wakes my skin up in the morning. Perfect for putting the glow back in your complexion & like you say it all smells SO good too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so good, I pretty much can't find fault with it (other than the price, but you get what you pay for) :)

      Delete
  6. sounds like a great texture!love the light moisturizer that has a fresh result!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly, and it absorbs so quickly leaving no icky residue on your skin at all :D

      Delete
  7. I have so much love for this range. I've got the set of the moisturiser, mascara, and mini eye cream on it's way to me *rubs hands together*. Even though I love the Make a Difference tub I've been using, GinZing is still my fav moisturiser x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good Amy! Really liking the eye cream too - but it's the others that are the bigger winners for me :) I put foundation on today for the first time in a while, and I couldn't believe how well it sat on my skin, possibly the best foundation has ever looked on me... all because of this :)

      Delete
  8. This collection looks so gorgeous, I really want to try them all! I find that the brand is quite high-end so I haven't been able to justify it quite yet. I feel like I need to maintain a proper skincare routine before I can get anything expensive! Great review xx

    Jade | skinsweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's not the cheapest, but compared to different moisturisers I've tried over the past couple/few years, this is by far the best and not the most expensive, it's definitely worth the money :) And, a little goes a long way :)

      Delete
  9. I loved the GinZing moisturiser, I really need to try the rest of the range! I found it so hydrating and it did feel like it woke my skin up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've used the moisturiser but it didn't really suit my skin, was lovely though! This eye cream is my favourite and I am nearly at the bottom of my tub :( repurchase needed! And I really want to try the scrub! :D

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I hope you like the scrub (if you try it), it smells soooo goooood :D

      Delete
  11. I had a bad reaction to the moisturiser when I got hold of a sample in Boots! I'm hesitant to try the cleanser for that reason :(

    Danniella
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a shame, it can't be right for everyone though I guess :)

      Delete
  12. I really want to try both of these, I love the GinZing eye cream and Origins products in general are pretty lovely :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig