Saturday 14 June 2014

5 product face for Summer

products for a 5 product face

5 product face

For those of you clever enough to spot it, yep I'm wearing lipstick, and nope, there's no lipstick photographed in the top picture, that's because I'm a numpty.  So, lets pretend I'm not wearing lipstick in this pic (which to be fair, I don't normally) and then it'll be a 5 product face, not a pretend 5 product face :P

Anyway, we'll just brush that under the carpet :)  So I've been mixing things up a bit recently, wearing less makeup, some days I'm even venturing to work without any on!  Sadly, those days I often get comments saying "You look ill, are you ok?".... yeah, thanks for that boost of confidence!  lol, anyway, after not wearing foundation for a long time due to having horrific skin, I'm now wearing it again thanks to a new and improved skincare routine (you literally wouldn't believe the difference, if I'd had the confidence, I'd have done before and after photographs), whoop!  Just not as often as I used to.

I wanted to see how few products I could get away with using that would stop people saying that I look ill, seems 5 is the minimum.  So here's what I used.

Base - Makeup Forever HD Foundation
This created a great base for me that set matte, and lasted all day with only minimal patting of my nose and forehead (something I have to do with every foundation I ever wear, in fact, even if I'm not wearing foundation I have to do this).

Eyelids - Makeup Revolution palette in Romantic smoked
For this I only used one shade, which was the 3rd from the left, similar to Urban Decay's Sin - a soft natural slightly shimmery shade.  I wanted the lashes to stand out and my eyes to look bright and alert.

Lashes - Bourjois 1 seconde volume mascara (waterproof)*
Hopefully you saw yesterdays review, if not, you can see in the pic above it's a pretty awesome mascara.  It has the weirdest wand, with spikes and... balls.  It doesn't clump, and it does a great job of making the most of your lashes.  Also, because it's waterproof it doesn't budge all day and there's no drop-off from it on your cheeks.  That does mean it's a bit of a bugger to remove though, even with Bioderma!

Cheeks - Sephora blusher in Healthy rose
If you've been reading my summer series, then you'll have seen me review this already, it's an absolutely gorgeous blusher with a hint of coral, perfect for adding a natural glow to your skin/face.

Brows - HD brow palette in Foxy*
No face is complete without defined brows, even if they're not that defined :)  I tend not to go overboard with my brows, but they're naturally very pale and sparse, so they need a little help to look more normal, and so far I've found that this is my favourite palette to achieve this :)

So guys, I have a bit of a confession to make, you know how I was wearing lipstick, which made this a 6 product face?  Well, it was actually a 7 product face, I just realised I was wearing an eye shadow primer too... I know, total fail :P  Anyway, that's still not bad for me, I'd normally wear foundation, powder, eye shadow primer, cream shadow, at least 2 eye shadows, liquid eyeliner, mascara, blusher, brow powder - so 10 products, not bad to shave a few off that :)

That's the end of this Summer series, see you again in a few weeks for my next summer series looking and some different products :)



 
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I have to do the same with the foundation patting, MUFE HD sounds pretty good though! Really want to try that next. Have you done a separate post on your new skincare routine? Would love to read about which products you changed etc!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope Sandy, there is one coming up though, well, first there will be a review of the skincare that's fixed my skin :)

      Delete
  2. It's a lovely look, very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the MUF Foundation, it is such a good foundation from what I have heard!

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really decent, and long wearing :)

      Delete
  4. Love this, such a pretty look and I can't count anyway ;) x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Makeup Revolution palette looks absolutely gorgeous! I love all colours like that, so I think that I will have to make a purchase!

    Jess x - jessiemckenzie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely, some gorgeous shades in there and decent quality :)

      Delete
  6. That is the worse, trying to go bare minimin only to hear, "Did you just wake up?", "Are you okay?", "You look tired.", "Are you sick?". Ugh, painful. =[
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig