Monday 31 March 2014

Younique 3D fibre lashes

Younique packaging

Younique 3D fiber lashes system

fibre mascara

transplatation gel

lashes with just mascara on

fibres on the lashes

Younique 3D fiber lashes

Today's review is on a new product hitting UK shores, it's the Younique 3D fiber lashes* - currently $29 each, but launching soon in the UK. 

Here's what they have to say about it "Our simple three-step process combines Transplanting Gel and Natural Fibers to help create the appearance of incredible thickness and volume to your existing lashes. Watch as your lashes transform into something you have only dreamed of! The 3D Fiber Lashes are water resistant but easily washes off with warm water and facial cleanser at the end of the day."

They say to put a coat of your favourite mascara on first, you really need this for the fibre's to stick to. For this I used the Max Factor Clump Defy mascara, which I must admit is drying out a little now.  I did also try this with a newer mascara and the fibres did actually stick even better.  I followed up with a coat of the fibre before the first coat of mascara dried and it stuck nicely.

Once I'd done that with both eyes, I coated them with the 'transplanting gel' which set it all in place and secured the fibres in place.  Now, because I'm a bit of a numpty, I wore dramatic liquid eyeliner, so the lashes don't show up that well in the pictures (note to self: leave the eyeliner alone when reviewing mascara!), but in the last pic you can really see the length that the mascara gives which really shows it off.

I really do love the packaging this comes in too, it's like a little glasses case with the mascaras fitted in place inside.  The actual mascara packaging feels great quality too.  I was really impressed with the finished look, my lashes looked more voluminous and longer, without looking false (which is a big deal to me).  This definitely gives me better lashes than just wearing mascara by itself, there was a tiny bit of fallout after wearing it for about 6 hours, but it didn't leave any blackness or black streaks on my cheeks, they brushed away really easily.

All in all I'm really impressed with this, I'm looking forward to seeing how much they'll be selling it for here in the UK :)  If you want to get informed when they're going to launch here, you can sign up here.




This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Casey from A Topsy Turvy blog

 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I literally just tried this duo last week with a group of friends and our outcome wasn't very good. We had fibers falling in our eyes throughout the day. Even though we did try to put more of the gel so the fibers would stick, there was still fiber fallout. However, the seller didn't inform us to try it with our own mascara first. I'm glad you enjoyed it xx

    www.HauteDare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think the fibres need something to bond with, so applying a layer of mascara first does that :)

      Delete
  2. Ah so it's like Magnifibres. I have to say I prefer the look of this one though as the fibres are black rather than white, so you know they'll blend seamlessly with your lashes and you won't be left with any white bits you haven't managed to cover with your mascara x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to apply the transplanting gel, then fibers then seal the fibers with the transplanting gel. I do not apply the fibers to the base of the eyelash as this might cause irritation I always start mid-lash. Remember you should always seal your fibers or they will fall everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig