Sunday 30 March 2014

A spring meetup in Cardiff

Lush carrots
 Carrots!!!

Massage bar
Strawberry massage bar

Bath bombs
Gorgeous scented Lush bath bombs

Alice
Our lovely new friend, Alice :)

Charli
The ever-stunning Charli

Laura
The gorgeous Laura

Claire and Leanne
The lovely Claire and Leanne

Rosie
Rosie - the lovely organiser :)

#elfcardiffselfie
e.l.f have a 'selfie' mirror, so we took a big camera selfie :)

e.l.f palette
A gorgeous eye shadow palette, love the shapes!

e.l.f jars
Pretty containers with pink ribbons dotted about the shop

e.l.f goody bag
 Our goodies - lip shine, eyebrow lifter & filler, 2 nail polishes & an eye shadow dust in sweet

e.l.f haul
A mini e.l.f haul - face wipes, brush cleaner and the small stipple brush

Yesterday myself and 6 other lovely bloggers descended on The Brewhouse in Cardiff for a casual meetup in the name of charity (Give & Make Up).

I got there a little late as I just couldn't drag myself out of bed in the morning, and the traffic was terrible, taking us the best part of an hour to get in (usually a 20 min drive).  When I got to the Brewhouse Rose and Claire were both there snapping away some lovely products that Lush were on-site selling (see pics above).

A few minutes after I got there, Leanne and Chari arrived too, and after a bit of a catch-up, we went and ordered some food.  Because of the pregnancy I'm craving really plain food at the moment, so I opted for a 'Classic Pizza' which is just mozzarella and fresh basil (I think you needed a microscope to find the basil!) - it was a little rich for me so I ended up leaving some, it was only luke warm too, and I'm not good with cold pizza.

After we'd all had some food, we headed over to the e.l.f store for a bit of a blogger event.  They'd prepared some lovely goody bags for us (pic above & my mini-haul).  They talked us through and demonstrated the different products that were in our bags.  It was lovely to see the e.l.f girls, they're really lovely and passionate about the store :)

After that Charli and I headed off, I was getting really tired and needed a bit of a recharge before heading over to my friends house in the evening.

All in all a really lovely day - I love small meetups, you actually get time to chat to people and catch-up, and hopefully meet some new people too (I'm looking at you Alice!).






This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Casey from A Topsy Turvy blog

 
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Sounds like a great event and I love how the products are displayed :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took some beautiful photos (:
    It sounded lovely, other than the luke warm pizza. Yuck!

    Ash xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie :) Yeah the warm pizza wasn't great!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a lovely event! The Lush strawberry massage bars look amazing!!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they looked amazing :D I was very tempted, but tried to be sensible :)

      Delete
  4. Wish I could have made it! I had to take my son to a birthday party........ He only lasted halfcan hour :-( x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had such a good day! I didn't realise you were disappointed with your pizza, such a shame, I love my food so am always really upset when its not very nice! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was really nice :) Yeah, I was disappointed, it didn't taste great and wasn't very warm... tasted like it had been reheated :/

      Delete
  6. This looks like a great event! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. wish i lived back in Cardiff so I could go to these meet ups. Sounds and looks like you had a great time. Pretty pics :)

    Lauren - Makeup By Lauren Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know, you might end up back here one day :)

      Delete
  8. aaaaw so sad I couldn't make this one. Moved house this weekend and was covered in paint :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, well there'll be plenty more :) Congrats on the move!

      Delete
  9. This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, it was a lovely day! Great photos! Sorry about your pizza. I was served lukewarm pasta somewhere recently- it was horrible! Can't wait to see you soon! love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, it was lovely to see you too :)

      Delete
  11. This looks like it was a good event. i'm a blogger based in Cardiff too so would love to come to an event like this next time.

    themakeupjunkiesdiary.blogspot.co.uk

    Hannah

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig