Wednesday 12 March 2014

NARS eyeshadow - Ashes to Ashes

NARS ashes to ashes

NARS ashes to ashes swatched
NARS single eyeshadow £18 from counters and online

Back at Christmas the lovely Laura and I (from A Scottish Lass) organised a beauty blogger secret santa, as is our tradition every year we swapped with each other.  Well,  Laura clearly blew the budget as she bought me a NARS single eyeshadow, lucky me!

The shade she chose is 'Ashes to Ashes' - it's a near-matte brown (it has a subtle silk sheen) which is a gorgeous soft, gentle brown.  It works beautifully all over the lid for a simple look, or as a base for a neutral or smokey-neutral look, and it works well as a transition shade.  It's lasting power is fantastic, if you plonk it on top of some primer, and a creme eyeshadow it'll last all day.  

My favourite way to wear this is by itself (as in, with no other eyeshadows), I team it up with my classic Chanel liquid liner and some decent mascara and voila, my makeup is done!  I have been wearing a lot less makeup recently, I've hardly worn foundation in weeks, instead I opt for brows and eyes with some lip balm for a simple wearable day look - I could do a post on my morning makeup routine for work if you like?

What's your favourite NARS single eyeshadow? 




This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Ash from A Beauty Moment

 
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Would love to see a post on your morning make-up routine! The shadow is gorgeous too :) x

    http://ninegrandstudent.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shade, its so pretty! I would wear it the same way you do:). I would love to see a morning makeup routine! Thanks for sharing :) xo

    Natalie | Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it :) Will do a morning routine :D

      Delete
  3. I love these sorts of shades all over the lid. I don't have any single eyeshadows from Nars, but the Kalahari duo has stolen my heart x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah beautiful, simple shadows :) I've heard great things about that duo!

      Delete
  4. I've yet to try this eyeshadow but it looks beautiful. I think I'd wear it the same way you do- by itself. I love the simplicity of that because I'm always on the go recently and it helps save time. Thanks for the great post, I may have to go out and get this :P

    http://thecosmeticeffect.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely Jade, you should try it :D

      Delete
  5. You just inspired me to skip foundation too, will give it a try tomorrow. Hopefully I don't scare people away. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh cool! You'll have to let me know how you get on :D

      Delete
  6. OOh I would love to see you wearing this, what a fabulous shade x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like spoiling you, you're worth it!! Glad you like it, I was lusting after it too. I'm with Amy, I don't own any singles but i have the Kalahari Duo and it's fab - in fact I think you would adore it too. ..
    Lots of Love, Laura xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best one!
    http://roseandpose.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig