Friday 7 March 2014

The Body Shop - shimmer cubes and lip balm

Body Shop Shimmer cube in Purple £16*, Body Shop lip balm in Plum £3


 ** Excuse my brows, they need some TLC **


Sadly, my photographs really didn't do these shimmer cubes justice!  I used all 4 colours on that look, and if you'd seen me in real life, you'd have seen them, I think I just didn't have the lighting quite right, still getting used to this new camera :)

Shimmer cubes
I really love these - it's like a palette with individually wrapped shadows (generous sizes at that!).  Each shadow comes in it's own case, and each of them fit into a bigger case (how neat!).  The pigmentation is good, but I would recommend using a primer (this is something I do every day anyway), and the staying power is really decent too.  They're not too sparkly, not full of glitter, but a soft pretty shimmer. I didn't really get much fall out with these either, which was very refreshing!  I have to say, these blend really nicely too.  If you have a bit of an 'edge' when applying, they blend out beautifully.

Plum lip gloss
This has become a bit of a favourite of mine.  I don't like balms that are too tinted, it's just not a good look for me, and this offers a very subtle colour.  The swatch above was me applying it quite a lot on my hand so that the camera would pick up the colour, it's certainly more than I'd apply to my lips.  The scent/taste is amazing, it's like plum meets cherry cola, YUMMY!  It keeps my lips hydrated really well, and I'm a little bit in love with the pop-art style packaging, love it!  I'd love to try it in lychee and toffee (nom!).

On a side note, when popping onto their site to get the links for the products, I've just seen they're doing a new Blueberry body butter and blueberry body scrub gelee! ERMERGHERD!  I'm obsessed with blueberries, I NEED THIS!!!!




This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Ash from A Beauty Moment

 
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Loving the cat flick! :) This is a really nice look and I would love a tutorial if that wasn't too much hassle :)

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of this lipobalm too - a nice tinted that I don't need a mirror to apply. I love Bodyshop lipsticks too! x

    www.ninegrandstudent.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly, I really don't like overly tinted lip balms :) I've not tried body shop lipsticks though, I'll have to give them a look :)

      Delete
  3. The packaging is so different! I think I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these in another blog post (A Model Recommends) and she had issues with opening the packaging. Do you find that this is a frustrating way to package? It looks odd to me and annoying, but I can see the allure of the individually packaged shadows that pop in and out for easy customization/transportation/etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I really liked the packaging, I didn't find it difficult or awkward, I actually liked it :)

      Delete
  5. This colour really suits you! I really like the Born Lippy balm - I had Lychee and the scent is just yum! It has a subtle shimmer to it too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) Ooh nice, lychee sounds lovely :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig