Sunday 10 February 2013

Event: BAFTA Costume design and Makeup Masterclass

Back on Thursday I was lucky enough to go to an event in the wonderful St David's 2 complex here in Cardiff which was organised in partnership with the lovely people from BAFTA Cymru.  It was held in Cosy Club which I've actually been to before just after Christmas for lunch.

Before the event I met up with Laura from What Laura Did and Joanna from Just Joanna for a cheeky Starbucks (I had a tall Vanilla Spice Latte, and it was ah-mazing!).  After that we headed to John Lewis to have a browse and so I could drool over all the makeup I can't buy because of my silly 100 day spending challenge!  Just let me say, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation you shall be mine!  Also, the girl on the Laura Mercier counter was really lovely, she chatted to us lots about the different foundations they do - whist I also drooled over some of their stunning eye shadows (which shall also be mine after the spending ban!).

Then it was time, time for the event :)  We headed down to Cosy Club, helped ourselves to some Prosecco and tried to see if there was anyone else there we recognised, which we didn't!  Then the lovely people from Crabtree & Evelyn came over and offered us a hand treatment, needless to say I was first in line to experience their pomegranate hand recovery scrub and moisturiser - just a quick word about this.  Normally I go for non-oily moisturisers, but this one was quite oily, and I have to say, it was the best hand cream I've tried - my hands felt moisturised through all the following day too!  Amazing & something to add to my wishlist for when I'm done with my spending challenge :)






























in the middle L-R Me, Laura and Joanna

We had about an hour and a half of 'mingling' which I don't think anyone really did, lol, then we sat down for a talk from some of the lovely BAFTA Cymru people, like the MUA Jo Evans (pictured bottom left) and Lindsay Bonaccorsi (pictured top right) who was the costume designer who actually won the BAFTA award :)

After that there was just under an hour to try and polish off the rest of the prosecco!  We were given lovely little goodie bags too with goodies in there from Crabtree & Evelyn, Boux and some makeup that you can buy in New Look and lets not forget, MAC pro preferred membership!!!

As you can see, we had a lovely time, looking forward to meeting up with the girls again at the next event, wherever that might be :)







This months big pixi3 advertisers are the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass, Tasha from Belleza Kisses, Gem from Miss Makeup Magpie, Luchessa from Luchessa, Sally from The Human Mannequin - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks like an amazing time :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hayley - yeah it was good fun, and good to catch up with the girls :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig