Wednesday 13 February 2013

Review: Magnifibres

Hey guys!  So, this is another one of the products I had in my goody bag from the #bbloggersxmas event I went to in London, I know... it was a big goodie bag!  Anyway, it's taken me a while to review this as the first time I used it I didn't like it, so it's been hard trying to force myself to use it again.  But with my 'good blogger' hat on I've been using it a few more times and discovered why I didn't like it the first time, I wasn't doing it right, lolz... anyway, on with the review!




























Magnifibres - available online here for £20

They say "No glue... no mess... no fuss, just glamour.  Magnifibres is the perfect solution for those who love long, big, captivating eye lashes but don't like the hassle of false eye lashes.  100% natural brush on fibres create an immediate and stunning false lash effect - achieving length and volume beyond belief.  Magnifibres are very easy to apply and since they stick to your actual lashes, they look completely natural and glamourous."





















Plain eyelashes - no mascara
*****






















One coat of Maybelline Colossal
*****





















One coat of Magnifibres on top of Maybelline Colossal (make sure the mascara hasn't dried for this step)
*****


















A final coat of Maybelline Colossal
*****

My Thoughts

Like I was saying before, I didn't get on with these the first time I used them.  I'd applied them with my favourite mascara (Maybelline falsies flared).  They didn't stick to my lashes very well, and after a couple of hours little black bits fell all over my face... it put me off using them.  But, I really wanted to do a review of this, and I felt I should try again before writing up my negative review.  And I'm really glad I did.  I found that the problem with the first time was that when I applied the first coat of my mascara, I let it dry before applying the Magnifibres, so there wasn't much for them to cling to.  If instead, you apply it straight after your first coat while it's still wet, they stick beautifully.  Then adding the final coat of mascara binds with the magnifibres to give really full volumnious lashes.  

I wouldn't say they're any longer than if I'd just used the mascara, but there's definitely much more volume to them - and since making sure that I apply it on to wet lashes, I've had no fallout on to my face either until about 12 hours of the mascara and magnifibres being applied, which isn't bad.

It's worth noting, I'm one of these people who doesn't really wear false lashes, I'm bad at applying them, and find that they irritate my skin (the glue) and I just don't like the feeling they give me when I wear them - so for me this has actually turned out to be pretty good :)  

Only negative really is the price, £20.  At that price, I don't think I'd re-purchase.  I think I'd just stick with my mascara or add false lashes for special occasions.







This months big pixi3 advertisers are the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass, Tasha from Belleza Kisses, Gem from Miss Makeup Magpie, Luchessa from Luchessa, Sally from The Human Mannequin - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love the concept of this, but can't splash out £20.00 on it at the moment :-( maybe one day! (I'm awful at applying false eyelashes too.) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really interesting but the price point and the idea of putting fibres on my lashes freaks me out a little. Great post though!

    I'm hosting a giveaway, I'd love it if you checked it out! http://tinyurl.com/ajkc8mw

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo this sounds interesting - but eek £20.. i'd definitely give it a whirl but i have such sensitive little peepers and even the mascaras with fibres in them make them feel a bit funny. Can definitely see the difference in volume on these pics though - fab review xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig