Thursday 21 February 2013

Review: Wei White Lotus Moisture Rich Eye Blend

Well that's a mouthful of a title!  This little cherub came in my January Birchbox.  I'm always fairly dubious of eye creams, mainly because I've never noticed that much difference with them.  I know it's difficult for them considering I have such mammoth bags under my eyes.  I had little hopes for this little tub, but I can honestly say, it's been the best eye cream I have ever used!  There, I said it! It's amazing!




























They say "Now there is hope for crow’s feet! This luxurious delicate eye cream uses White Lotus to hydrate and Peptide Argireline to minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The key ingredient, White Lotus flower, has long been revered not only for its beauty, but also for its ability to absorb and retain water after it has been hand-harvested from ponds lined with nutrient-rich black mud."





























My Thoughts

I've had a real noticeable difference with using this eye cream, a definitely lessening of the puffiness around my eyes and the fine lines are not as noticeable either.  It absorbs well, doesn't leave an oily residue on my skin and just in general, is amazing!

Saying that it's reduced the puffiness around my eyes is a big deal, it really is.  I've only ever encountered this before with the Rituals firming eye cream (review here), but not to this extent.  I've looked online and I have seen that although it's paraben free, it does have phenoxyethanol in it, which is basically the same, it's a faux-paraben - so don't consider this one paraben free - which does disappoint me, if I'm spending £60 on an eye cream (yep, thats how much it costs!) I expect certain things, paraben free, cruelty free and suitable for vegans.  But be happy to know that this isn't tested on animals so it is cruelty free.

All in all, I really love this product, it's made a difference to my eyes but I am at the end of the little 2ml sample now and I think this is where me and Wei will part ways, I just can't bring myself to spend £60 on an eye cream... especially one that has parabens in it.






This months big pixi3 advertisers are the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass, Tasha from Belleza Kisses, Gem from Miss Makeup Magpie, Luchessa from Luchessa, Sally from The Human Mannequin - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I tried the night cream from Wei and oh my did it break me out, such a heavy cream!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig