Tuesday 5 February 2013

Week 5 Summary - 100 day spending challenge

Five weeks in, can you believe it?  FIVE WEEKS!  I'll be honest, it feels like ten and that there's ten more to go... most days I sail on by not being to bothered about not being able to buy makeup, then some days, I come really close to breaking it and buying a whole load of stuff.

I've been going through some stresses this week and when I'm stressed I shop, so it's been difficult at times, but I'm still here and still haven't bought anything so it can't be all that bad :)  I'm completely changing up my 'lusted after' items this week, to the things that have nearly made me break my spending ban as well as a couple of other things that have been on my mind a lot.







































I think these pretty much need no explanation other than MAC.  I've had 2 MAC eyeshadows over the years, I really liked the quality of them but I'd totally picked the wrong colours so I ended up never wearing them.  After watching people like Tanya Burr create so many stunning looks using simple MAC shadows to create her own 'Naked' palette, it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time now, so with the £10 a week I'm saving up during this challenge, I'd like to make a start on that in April, maybe with just 4-5 shades and treat myself to 1-2 a month after until I've built my first 15 shade palette.

All in all it's not been really a bad week, it's just hard when new raved about products are coming out, and I can't get my mitts on them and blog about it!  So, call me Mrs Frustrated this week :)

How's your #spendingban going?






This months big pixi3 advertisers are the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass, Tasha from Belleza Kisses, Gem from Miss Makeup Magpie, Luchessa from Luchessa, Sally from The Human Mannequin - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Congrats on doing so well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this naked basics pallet too, I'm not sure how much longer I can put off buying it! You're being so self controlled- well done! xx
    ZoeyInWonderland

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so well! I'm doing this too, and it's super hard, especially with so many temptations! Stay strong to get your lovely MAC palette! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on doing well! I haven't bought anything either yet, but oh my, isn't the temptation just ridiculous at times? I think the thing I'm itching to get my hands on the most at the moments is lovely pinky/nude lipstick from mac or a pale pink from the just bitten balm stains at revlon!

    http://aquietjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very proud of your strong will!! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also lusting after the nearly naked foundation and the Naked Basics Palette. What I find really interesting about the challenge, is stuff I initially lusted over, I don't want a month later. It'll be interesting to look back on at the end of the ban and see what I ACTUALLY want :) Also congratulations on winning Sophias giveaway, that is karma repaying you for your good work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig