Wednesday 6 February 2013

Daily Makeup

When you're a beauty blogger and you invest lots of time trying different products out, your makeup routine is likely to change quite frequently.  So, I thought I'd write this little post to show you what I'm typically using each day and what I'm favouring :)

 Mac's Crew highlighter which I've re-purposed as a blusher
***

Chanel brow palette in Brun - I only use the darkest shade
***

Inika Mineral Eye shadow in Autumn Plum (was in my #bbloggersxmas goodie bag)
*** 

Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells trio, Maybelline The Falsies flared mascara (although I'm starting to lean towards the Rocket Volum instead) and PerriconeMD No Concealer Conealer*
***

YSL Touche Eclat Teint foundation, NARS pro prime eyeshadow base and Chanel Ecriture liquid eye liner
***

Maybelline FitMe pressed powder and Inika Khol eyeliner in Black Caviar* (in my #bbloggersxmas goodie bag)
***

My Routine

First off I prep my skin with either Nivea Pure and Natural day moisturiser, or the Witch Skin Clearing primer. 

Foundation
I then apply 1 pump of foundation to my face, working it in with my fingers.
Concealer
Then I use 1 pump of the No Concealer concealer for under my eyes and on any troubled areas
Powder
Then I take a big fluffy brush and work the Maybelline FitMe powder all over the skin, helping to create a more flawless finish and make my foundation last longer
Prime
Next I prime my eyelids with the NARS pro prime eye shadow base and let that set
Eyebrows
While that's setting, I take a precise brush and run the darkest colour of my Chanel brow palette through my eyebrows to darken and give definition
Eye Shadow
Here I follow WnW suggestion of where to apply the shadows on my lid applying it with a large shader brush.  Then I take a crease brush and take a little of the Inika autumn plum and run it through my crease and just above to give a warmer look (for more definition, take an angled brush and run the autumn plum shade under your lower lash line too)


Eye liner
First I take the inika khol liner and run it over my waterline, then I take the Chanel ecriture liquid liner over my upper lash line and wing the outer edge
Mascara
Next I curl my lashes and apply a coat of either Maybelline the Falsies or Rocket volum
Cheeks
Finally, I sweep some of my MAC Crew highlighter/blush over my cheeks for a subtle matte glow
Lips
I usually just wear lip balm :)  But I am trying to wear more daring colours :)





This months big pixi3 advertisers are the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass, Tasha from Belleza Kisses, Gem from Miss Makeup Magpie, Luchessa from Luchessa, Sally from The Human Mannequin - be sure to head over to check out their beautiful blogs <3

 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Loved this post :D - I'm also using the YSL foundation :) - Your eye makeup looks amazing as well!

    India Jewel Beauty Blog - Beauty, lifestyle & fashion too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eyeshadow :D
    I usually only use BB cream and mascara for my daily looks >.<

    Join my International Valentine Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could get my grubby mitts on the Wet n Wild palette, looks lovely on you. I recently bought Perricone No Concealer Concealer, really like it so far.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I really want this Wet n Wild palette! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that MAC blusher is so pretty!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the brow powder, I use MUA which is only £3.50 but it's great :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love being nosey in peoples make up bags. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig