Tuesday 29 July 2014

July 2014 favourites

July favourites

So I've been a bit of a boring one the past couple of months, and I've been using the same products nearly every day, I know... yawn!  But there's a good reason for it.  We've been decorating our bedroom so that we can start to work on the nursery, but in the process we've filled up the room that will be the nursery, thus blocking off my extensive makeup collection!  So I've been using whatever was in my makeup bag - don't get me wrong, there's a selection in there, but it's limited :)

So, my favourites this past month have been....

Origins GinZing refreshing scrub cleanser & moisturiser
These really have become a staple in my daily skincare routine and when I'm not using them and I'm using something else, I can tell the difference.  The scrub is usable daily, I tend to use it 5 days a week and the Claudia Louch cleanser on the other 2 days (review of that coming soon).  The moisturiser smells amazing too, sinks into the skin really quickly and doesn't leave an oily residue, but leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft.

Smashbox 24hr eye shadow primer*
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you have oily eyelids you're going to want to give this a go. It's quite a dry formula and you only need the smallest amount of product for it to work well and keep your eye shadow in place all day :)

GOSH forever eye shadow stick
Again, I've harped on about this quite a bit, but this in combination with the Smashbox primer is a pretty amazing combo - when I use these, and put eye shadow on top, I'll get a good 12+ hrs of wear out of it, which considering how oily my lids are is pretty amazing.

Bourjois 1 seconde mascara
After trying out the waterproof* version of this, I couldn't help but invest in the normal version (as it's easier to remove), and it's every bit as great as it's sister version.  I've pretty much worn it every day the past month :)

Benefit Gimmie brow
You know how every product has a time when you find it best to use?  For me, I prefer using powder on my brows when they're long and need to be done, and a pencil when they're nice and short. Well, I like using this when my brows as long as it helps to tame them and keep them in place all day, as well as adding a bit of colour to them (my brows are scarily pale!).

Bourjois pinceau liquid liner
This isn't the normal sort of liner I'd usually go for (brush with an ink-well) and as much as it can be a bit fussy to apply, it does give a lovely deep black line that's really quite precise and easy to wing.

Makeup Revolution Disapear til tomorrow palette*
Apart from great pigmentation and quality, these shadows really do last a long time, which is great for me and my oily lids.  I'm probably most comfortable wearing neutrals, even if I wear them quite dramatically and this palette is perfect for that.

So they're my July favourites, let me know in the comments below what your favourites have been :)








SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Why oh why have I still not tried Origins products! gah, they sound so lovely!:)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the GinZing scrub & moisturiser! The Makeup Revolution palette looks lovely too :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am desperate to try the Origins cleanser, I am loving all their skincare bits lately! xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this post! I love Gimme Brow, I have a similar brow routine to you but I think that setting them with this product takes them to a new level. Would love to try the Gin Zing cleanser!
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I loveeee Gimme Brow! It's my favourite brow product of all time, and I love how it can take seconds to apply but makes me look so much more put together :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't tried makeup revolution!? That palette looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely favourites, i've heard amazing things about that Bourjois mascara! And the Makeup Revolution palette looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That makeup revolution palette looks so awesome. Great picks!
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on board the Origins train! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig