Friday 11 July 2014

June 2014 Empties

June 2014 empties

Well, in June I was determined to use up more stuff than normal.  Now, this might sound crazy, but at any given time, it's not unusual for me to have 10+ shower gels on the go at the same time, I know, cray cray.  And I never seem to finish them, just move on to the next one.  This month I decided it was time to try and finish these off, which is what I did! Now I'm down to just a couple (feels amazing!). Well, lets cut the waffle and see what I've used up this month :)

1.  I Love Juicy Lush shampoo
This is probably one of my favourite shampoo's, it's thick and luxurious, it smells great (like lemon and honey), and a little goes a long way.  The only drawback? The price tag, it's like £10, but because a little goes a long way it does mean the bottle doesn't dwindle too quickly either.  I've bought this a few times and have no doubt I'll be buying it a few more times :)

2.  Original Source vanilla and raspberry shower gel
This is an amazing smelling shower gel, it smells like a strawberry milkshake, yummy!  Like all Original Source products, it's pretty decent, leaves you clean and smelling nice, which is pretty much what everyone wants in a shower gel right?

3.  & Other stories body scrub in frozen verbena
This is a LOVELY body scrub, it's really sugary like the S&G sugar crush body scrub, it's thick (not too much liquid in it), very rough and smells amazing, really citrusy.  I forget how much it cost, I think it was around the £8 mark, but in my opinion, worth every last penny.  Just like most things, it took me an age to finish it - like shower gels, I typically have about 5 body scrubs on the go at any one time, and I don't use them in every shower either, only if I can be bothered or if I feel my skin needs it.

4.  Sephora mango body wash
I picked this up when I was in France in Jan.  I just couldn't bring myself to finish it, so I left it with a couple of uses in it for ages... there's a lot of reasons I had an emotional attachment to it (you can read about that here), but ultimately, it's just a shower gel, so I finished it.  It smelled fantastic, it was creamy (not see-through) and left my skin feeling lovely and soft.  If I had a Sephora near me, I'd certainly be replacing it.

5.  L'Oreal Ever Pure reinforcing intense mask
This was my favourite product from the ever pure range, it didn't leave my hair weighed down and greasy by silicone, but left it feeling light and well treated.  Would I replace it?  Yes and no - there's other products that do the same job that I prefer, like the Macadamia hair mask or the Flawless product, both much better, yes more expensive, but in my opinion, a much better spend of your money.

6.  Naked Colour protecting conditioner
Not my favourite conditioner.  It felt quite thin in consistency, something I'm not a fan of in a conditioner, and I didn't really feel it did much for my hair, it still felt quite dry after using it, so not something I think I'd re-purchase, quite a disappointment in all honesty.

7.  Body Shop scrub in pink grapefruit
Now this on the other hand was pretty special.  I'm really into to Body Shop products at the moment, namely the Blueberry body butter (smells AMAZING!), and this, oh my, so refreshing and zingy, perfect for your morning shower.  It's filled with natural exfoliants like loofah and smashed walnut and left my skin feeling very soft.  A very lovely product.

8.  Original Source pink grapefruit
I'm a fan of Original Source - but this one for me, wasn't the best.  It was fine, but not as fruity and zingy as I'd like - I've been spoiled by the Body Shop pink grapefruit range.  Not one I'll buy again.

So there you have it, my past month's empties.  I don't think there'll be as many next month as that was finishing off lots of odd ends, but hopefully there'll be some different things to share with you :)



SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I LOVE Original Source products :) I've never tried any shampoos from Lush, I need to check this one out! xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, the & other stories scrub sounds very nice! Will have to pick one up :)

    Laura | Laurzrah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get on with the Naked shampoo and conditioner for blonde hair at all - it made my hair feel dry but tacky. Yuck! Love the sound of the Sephora body scrub xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I mean the & Other Stories body scrub! xx

      Delete
  4. The Ever Pure mask is quite amazing for it being a L'Oreal product.
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUSH shower gels last ages, they're such good value :)

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. LUSH shower gels last ages, they're such good value :)

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig