Tuesday 15 July 2014

Marc Jacobs crocodile effect makeup bag

Harvey Nichols packaging

Closeup of the neoprene crocodile skin makeup bag

What's in my marc jacobs makeup bag

Newsflash - this makeup bag holds makeup!  Right, that's the intro out the way, I've been sitting here for the last hour with loads of stuff I want to type about this bag, but failing to think of a way to introduce it... bad blogger I know.

So this little beauty is by Marc Jacobs, it's somewhat smaller than my old makeup bag, but that's a good thing, god knows I carry FAR too much makeup around with me and almost never use it, so this was a good opportunity to slim down my collection to the bits and pieces I'm most likely to use.

Ever heard of neoprene?  Yep, me too.  Did you know what it was?  Nope, me neither.  Well, I do now since this is a neoprene makeup bag, in a crocodile print.  It's well padded/cushioned and has a nice tie on the zip to make it easier to open and close.

Across the front in a little gold coloured strip is the 'Marc by Marc Jacobs' logo/branding.  As much as I haven't photographed everything I've managed to fit in here, it does fit quite a lot.  One of the things I loved about receiving this was the beautiful packaging it came in - a Harvey Nichols bag, tied at the top, then this wrapped in tissue paper and a ribbon, all very pretty and felt very luxurious.

When I was asked to pick which colour makeup bag I wanted, I nearly opted for the pink, but I thought I'd go outside my comfort zone and pick the green one instead and I'm so glad I did, as bright as it is, I really like it - why stay safe all the time with these things eh?

Harvey Nichols currently has this on offer, reduced from £55* to £11 (bargain!!!!), have a look here. I'm not sure how long it'll be at that price, so if you're in the market for a new makeup bag it might be worth snapping up (don't worry, I'm not on commission, I just really like it) :)

If you haven't checked out the Marc Jacobs collection over at Harvey Nichols, there's a nice selection of sunglasses, perfume and a few other bits if you want to take a peek :)


SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Wow, that is what I call a bargain!

    www.beautylymin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing price! Love everything about this make up bag! :D

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bargain! I hope this doesn't sell out before I get paid, its such a beautiful and unique colour :) xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly it appeared to sell out the day I blogged about it :/

      Delete
  4. That bag is stunning, I love the colour. I think a sneaky purchase is in order

    Hayley x

    http://www.teapartybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it :) Sadly, it sold out after I put this post live :/

      Delete
  5. Oh my gawwwd I want this so much but have to wait until I get paid! Gah, fingers crossed they still have it

    Laura | Laurzrah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful colour! Looks too good to use ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The neoprene is such a good idea for a makeup bag. The padded texture is perfect for withstanding bumps and drops while on the go.
    Great post!
    Meghan
    Today's Beauty Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Marc Jacobs bags, they are such great quality and you got yourself a great bargain there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour, Marc Jacobs has some lovely bags and the quality it just amazing!!
    what a bargain you got their! shame its sold out now :(
    Melissa || My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I should have blogged about it sooner :(

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous bag! Is it very stain resistant or will it wash well?
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I've used it for long enough to see if it's stain resistant etc, it's still in my bag and in perfect condition :)

      Delete
  11. That is SUCH a gorgeous bag, and I love the colour - You never see green makeup bags?! It looks SO expensive xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so different isn't it! Well, when it was sent to me it was marked up at nearly £80!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig