Saturday 12 July 2014

Wantable Makeup box - July 2014

July 2014 Wantable makeup box

July 2014 Wantable makeup box contents swatched

The July Wantable makeup box has officially landed on my lap!  Fewer products this month, but they're bigger, and arguably better.  If you're not familiar with Wantable, they're American (ship to the UK), they produce 3 different types of monthly subscription box - makeup, jewellery and intimates (lingerie).  I get the makeup box, since that's my thing :)  

Each month the box is put together by someone different, often a makeup artist or YouTuber, well this month Sachi Selhi was the lovely lady to put the box together, a makeup artist.  Her theme behind the box was about when you're putting on makeup in a hurry and you need a few key products/areas to focus on, so brows, base, eyeliner and lip liner - and these were her key products:

Three Custom Colour - Brow Powder in #5 - worth $22.50
This is the third? Three Custom Colour product I've had in my Wantable boxes.  They're decent quality, well pigmented and a fair size (especially since this is a brow product).  As for how well suited to me this colour is I'm not sure, it might be slightly red/orange for my brows, but I'll only know when I try it.  In fairness, it's a very similar shade to the HD brow powder I use (bottom right shade in the foxy palette).

Tara Tarantino eye dream hyperliner in black - worth $15
Tara Tarantino featured in last month's box too with the creme blusher and highlighter (blusher was lovely, highlighter was a bit glittery for me).  Now, I've only swatched this on my hand, so I can't comment on how durable it is or blendable, but the swatch you can see on my hand, was one gentle swipe, so it's fair to say it's very soft and well pigmented.  It's also supposed to be waterproof.  I'm quite excited to give this a try, it's my kind of eyeliner :D

Ofra lipliner in plum - worth $10
What a lovely colour!  This was pretty soft to, well pigmented and was easy to blend (after swatching). I'm looking forward to teaming this up with MAC Rebel, I think they'll make a great combination - and at $10 (around £5.83) that's pretty affordable for a "decent quality" product too.

Vincent Longo Foundation Brush in #37 - worth $30
I tend to use flat topped kabuki brushes for my foundation (like the Sigma F80) as I find typical foundation brushes can be a little streaky, but this one might be a little different.  It's fully synthetic, but omg, so freakin' soft!  Probably the softest foundation brush I've ever felt, so I'm looking forward to trying this, and LOVE the fact that it's this soft and not made from animal fur/hair.

All together, this box totals up to a value of $77.50, which at the current exchange rate is about £45.16, not bad when if you have a rolling subscription to this, it costs $36 which is around £20.98, you're at least doubling the cost of the box on FULL-SIZE makeup products, pretty sweet :)  If you're interested in subscribing, just have a look here :)




SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Love these boxes, but the p&p puts me off xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great products in this box! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like such a good box, why haven't I ordered one yet!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a good box again this month x
    lots of love Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this box - you received some lovely items :) xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bargain box! The brow powder looks pretty amazing :) x

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow that brow colour looks amazing! It's so hard to find a good, cool brown shade xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig