Friday 20 February 2015

Collection Volumising Mascara

Collection volumising mascara

Collection Volumising Mascara wand

Collection Volumising mascara on the lashes

I picked this up in my £15 high street challenge in January for about £3.50, it's actually an annoying story how I came to own this which I won't bore you with, but I will say I had high hopes.  With a claim of 10 times the volume (it's volume I need more than length), they had a lot to live up to.

Generally I'm a fan of Collection products, they've come a long way since I was a young teenager and delving into makeup for the first time (the cheap brands really weren't great back then).  Their fast stroke liner and eye shadow palettes are pretty decent.  This also had the type of wand I like, rubber bristles - the wand is large similar to the Cover Girl Lash Blast too (one of my favs), so again, I was expecting a lot.

Can you see where this review is going?  Yeah... for me, it was quite a disappointment - there's no way I'm getting 10 x the volume.  Yeah it doesn't look totally terrible with 2 coats, but when you compare it to the new Benefit Rollerlash (picture below), there's a massive difference.  With Rollerlash I get definition, length, curl, volume and in general it looks like I have loads more lashes, they just look better. At best, I'd say this Collection mascara is decent enough for wearing to School/College/Uni, but I certainly wouldn't wear it on a night out...
2 coats of Benefit Rollerlash

... scrap that, I doubt I'll reach for it again, end of.  There's much better budget alternatives out there, like the Makeup Revolution Viper mascara (pictured below), very decent and only £3 (cheaper than the Collection one) - so if I were you, I'd spend my money on that one instead.

2 coats of Makeup Revolution Viper mascara

Well, I had intended this review was more positive than that, but after looking at the pictures long and hard, I can see just how rubbish this mascara is.  Sorry Collection, you really missed the mark with this one :/
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. What a shame! At least it wasn't a lot of money wasted - it's still disappointing when a product doesn't live up to your expectations though :(

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeep it's just so awful :(( it's not even super cheap! I feel gutted on your behalf xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it was only £3.50 - yeah I might just chuck it in the bin, I won't be wearing it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, terrible! Yeah it wasn't £1 or anything, but not expensive either :) The MUR Viper mascara is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, definitely not something worth buying :( I like how you compared the effects with the other two mascaras! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed! Thanks :) Thought it was worth doing, just to show how rubbish it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everything you've said. I bought this a while ago and had high hopes, but I was really quite disappointed.

    UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog



    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really not very good is it! I think it'll be going in the bin! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig