Wednesday 8 October 2014

Guest Post | The Perfect Autumn Lipstick

Hello! Whilst Georgina is away having her baby you are all unfortunately stuck with me for the day, I'm Shona from Shona Louise. I thought I'd tell you all about my favourite lipstick as it happens to be perfect for this time of year. I won't take up too much of your time but if you do like this post I'd love for you to take a look at my blog, you'll see that I mention this lipstick a lot on it!

MAC lipstick

When I first started beauty blogging almost 3 years ago now MAC products were just as popular as they are now but I really wasn't that interested if I'm honest. It has only been in the past year that I've really started to enjoy trying a few products from the brand, mainly their lipsticks though. Everyone raves about them and I really did not think they would live up to the hype but I've found one that is everything that I had hoped for and more. If you are already a reader of my blog then you'll know that I'm a fan of natural makeup, I hardly ever wear bold lip colours which is why I am so surprised by how much I adore this lipstick. This MAC lipstick in Syrup isn't as bold as something like Heroine or Rebel but it is certainly out of my comfort zone of muted pinks.

MAC lipstick in syrup swatch

It's a lustre finish so you can wear it quite sheer or you can build it up to a more solid colour which is what I usually prefer to do. The formula is soft and it feels moisturising on your lips, ideal for the cold weather which is just around the corner I'm sure. The glossy finish does mean that it doesn't last as long as other MAC lipsticks and it always comes off when eating but it still does last a good few hours before you need to reapply. I personally don't have a problem with regularly reapplying lipstick so the staying time of one doesn't bother me too much as long as it lasts at least a couple of hours, of course everyone is different though.

MAC lipstick in Syrup on the lips

The colour that it produces on your lips is just beautiful in my opinion, the perfect shade for Autumn and Winter. It has lots of pink tones in it but the purple side of it shines through just enough to make it that little bit different. I think this is a really good shade for people who, like me, want to step out of their comfort zone a little but don't feel like reaching for something like MAC's lipstick in Rebel first. I do think MAC's products are overpriced but this is one lipstick that I'll definitely be buying over and over again regardless of the price tag!

Thank you Georgina for letting me guest post for you! If you liked reading this post I'd love for you to read some more of mine on my blog, Shona Louise.

Shona x

Thank you so much Shona for this great guest post - make sure you head over and take a look at her blog and say Hi :)



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. It looks rather like MAC Creme de la Femme in the packaging but maybe not as purple-toned when applied! Lovely post x

    http://leahpaige9xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried Syrup before, but I love the look of it! So natural, and easy wearing!


    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this the other day and I love it! I thought it would be too pale on me but it seems pretty universal :) x

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine // My Blog Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig