Saturday 11 October 2014

Guest Post | Autumn High Street Makeup Picks

Hello! My name's Hannah and I blog over at Midnight Violets. Whilst Georgina is taking a break from the blogging, with the baby (Congratulations!) I agreed to write a post for all you lovely people to help keep her blog going. For me it's all about highstreet make-up and finding the hidden gems at bargain prices! Considering my love of all things bargainous  and the current season, it only seemed appropriate to share the perfect additions to your autumn makeup bag. 

Autumn high street makeup picks

Face
For me, the autumn months are all about moving away from shine control, instead opting for something more dewy and giving a fuller coverage. Lately I've been loving the Max Factor CC Cream in Light (£9.99), it has a lovely slightly dewy finish, good coverage and is a brilliant match for my pale skin. For the cheeks I'm all over the berry and plum blushes - I could write a whole post about the Autumn blushes I love! My all time favourite though is ELF's Studio Blush in Blushing Rose (£3.95), it mixes a beautiful glow with the shade of naturally flushed cheeks. 

Autumn high street face makeup

Autumn high street face makeup swatches

Eyes
When it comes to eyes I'm all about something a littler darker and smokier as soon as it starts getting colder. This year we're being told it's all about jewel tones - I can't deny they're beautiful! The SEVENTEEN Starry Eyes Trio in Neptune (£4.99) is just the thing. As well as being pigmented it has some beautiful shades - purple, khaki and gold. If cream eyeshadow is more your thing I'd highly recommend the ELF Long-lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Gala (£3.95). Aside from being a mouthful it's the most beautiful mahogany shade you ever did see, full of shimmer and perfect for parties! 

Autumn high street eye makeup

Autumn high street eye makeup swatches

Lips
When it comes to lips I have three go to's - the tinted balm, the nude colour and the red/berry shade. For tinted balms you can't get much better than Sleek Pout Polishes (£4.49), their pigmented, glossy and hydrating - just what you need with the current chill in the air! My favourite is 'Perfect Plum'- I'll let the swatches do the talking! For nude lips I currently obsessed with the Essence XXXL Long lasting Matte Lipgloss in 06 Soft Nude (£2.30), on my skintone at least it's the perfect brown toned rose shade, a little deeper for autumn too! Finally, if you're after a red lip I would highly recommend the new BarryM Lip Stain Paint in Absolute Burgundy (£4.49), creamy, rich and long lasting! 

Autumn high street lip products

Autumn high street lip product swatches

Thank you so much Hannah such a great post and pictures :)  Don't forget to head over to her blog - she has great posts on budget high street makeup :)


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. LOVE darker shades for autumn and winter! The Barry M lippy and the ELF eyeshadow look lovely - I'll be having a look for those! :) xx

    Great post!

    http://leahpaige9xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the starry eyes trio I would never have discovered that myself! And I really want the sleek pout polish now that shade is perfect, lovely guest post xxx

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
  3. the elf is so pimented haha i need go and look for it I'm missing a lot :) the trio is super pretty! but i dont think i will get it in USA :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ELF blushes, I have all of them because they're so affordable and so pigmented! I really need to try the Sleek Pout polishes, I've heard so many good things about them!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sleek polish pot it looks amazing! <3

    http://beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post all lovely products for such good prices too :)

    http://zoemountford.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to see a brand doing a sensible colour CC cream for fair skin. I love the look of the Seventeen eyeshadow trio too, will have to give them a look the next time I'm in Boots x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig