Tuesday 7 October 2014

Guest Post | The Autumn Beauty Edit

Hello everyone, I'm Jasmine and I blog over at Magpie Jasmine, I'm doing a guest post whist Georgina is off to have her baby (best of luck!)

Autumn makeup picks

It's officially Autumn, but that doesn't have to mean 'boring' in terms of colours! I've picked out some beauty bits for all budgets that I think will be perfect for the season of gold, brown and red leaves...

Berry swatches eyeshadow and blusher
L-R: Demerara is a lovely peach, Muscovado is a brown-red with golden shimmer and Turbinado is a beautiful berry.') it's Demerara (Sugar palette), Muscovado (Sugar palette), Turbinado (Sugar palette), Essence Hot Scorch, MAC Chili, Revlon Black Cherry, MAC Paramount, Universal (Flawless palette) and Gold Digger (Flawless palette)

I'm a big fan of the Sleek Blush By 3 palettes and I think Sugar (£9.99) is perfect for this season! Turbinado is a beautiful berry, Muscovado is a brown-red with golden shimmer and Demerara is a lovely peach.

I love the Essence Long-Lasting Eye Pencil in 19 Hot Scorch (£1.50), which is a lovely dark bronze shimmer I use as an eyeliner.

Recently I've been loving my MAC Matte Lipstick in Chili (£15.50). I think this is lovely for Autumn as its has definite terracotta undertones and is really flattering if you have yellow undertones and don't usually suit conventional reds.

Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry (£7.49) isn't for the faint-hearted but if you love dark lips for Autumn/Winter this is the perfect high street buy.

Another dark MAC Lipstick is Paramount (£15.50). The chocolate-y brown shade is perfect for this season and the Satin finish is that bit more moisturising than a matte whilst still giving a similar look.

I'm totally obsessed with my Makeup Revolution Ultra 32-Shade Eyeshadow Palette in Flawless (£8)! It has just about everything you need for a neutral look both for day and night this Autumn. Here I've swatched the shades Universal, a dark mauve-pink shimmer, and Gold Digger, an amber-toned gold shimmer.

berry swatches
L-R: Babylon (Heaven and Earth palette), Valley (Heaven and Earth palette), elf Copper, elf Toast, Maybelline On and On Bronze and Maybelline Metallic Pomegranate

Another budget favourite of mine is MUA's Heaven and Earth 12-Shade Eyeshadow Palette (£4). It contains 12 earthy shimmer shades, both warm and cool toned. I've swatched Babylon, which is an antique gold, and Valley, which is a deep plum.

The e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner (£3.95) is incredible value and so long lasting. I love the shade Copper for a soft brown autumnal look.

Another steal from them is the e.l.f. Studio Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Toast (£3.95), a stunning gold. You can wear this as a base or on its own.

The Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows (£4.99 each) are perfect if you don't have much time and want to look like you made a lot more effort than you did! One swipe and you have a lovely opaque colour that will last you all day. I especially Like On and On Bronze and Metallic Pomegranate this season.

I hope this post has helped you get some makeup ideas for Autumn :) and you can follow me on Twitter @jasmineacs

Jasmine x

Thank you so much Jasmine, what a great post!  Don't forget to head over to her blog to have a peek and say Hi :)



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love the Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoos - I also have On and On Bronze and Metallic Pomegranate, both of which are so gorgeous and perfect for Autumn!

    Mia xx

    http://miararaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of must have products you have there!

    http://tinnath.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful shades! Revlon Black Cherry looks gorgeous!


    www.jordanalice.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig