Thursday 12 December 2013

A mini break

I had a pretty exciting email land in my mail box today!  First Great Western emailed me about a little competition they're running where you guys could win 2 first class tickets to a UK destination of your choice!  To enter and be in with a chance of winning, all you need to do is complete the webform on their competition page.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this on here before, but my hubby and I haven't been on a holiday since our honeymoon over 5 years ago.  Yeah we've been to visit family (Ireland) but as lovely as that is, it's not a holiday.  All our spare money goes on Chris' OU degree so we don't really have any spare cash for a weekend getaway.  Well, 2014 is where I want to change that, even if it's just for a long weekend :)  So with that in mind, here's my dream location for a little UK weekend trip.

Devon


Other than 2 years ago when we went to Devon for a day trip to the Devon wildlife centre and hedgehog hospital (yep, it was awesome, I got to stroke a hedgehog!!!).  It's been a place I've wanted to go to for a proper holiday for a long time.  Not only is there beautiful scenery and lovely blue flag beaches, but there's also a lot of culture and shops that you can't find anywhere else.  I think getting trains to Devon would be such a lovely way to travel there too :)

I think this is one place we'd stay away from hotels too and favour a B&B, something a bit more personal :)  And of course, we'd have to have a proper Devon cream tea - what trip to Devon would be complete without that :P

It's hard to imagine as I've never been, but I bet Devon is great for one off shops too, little quirky places you can't find anywhere else.  

If you live in Devon where would you recommend I go?  And, if you won the competition, which UK destination would you pick?




This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Jess from Coffee & Cosmetics

 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Beautiful photos, looks lovely and so nice to get away on a mini break before the craziness of Christmas sets in :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Devon, I would love love love to sit on a British sandy beach ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to Devon! I've never been...it looks fab!

    Dusty Foxes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first picture "looks" so warm, can imagine staying in one of those little cottages in the countryside & I love steam trains, they have one up in the north of scotland during the summer which you can travel on for 15 mins :)
    Devon is a place I've never been to before, but these pictures make it look so inviting :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Devon! Taunton is nice (well, that is just over the Devon-Somerset border but never mind!) and Exeter has a great Christmas market and lots of good shops. The cutest seaside place I have visited in Devon has to be Appledore - the houses are all different colours and they have such sweet shops! The Blackdown Hills are lovely for countryside.
    I would love to visit Scotland and Yorkshire. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are beautiful! I live right down in the south of Cornwall but never visit Devon, these photos really make me want to!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig