Monday 2 December 2013

Christmas gift guide #3 - Perfumed Jewelry

The perfumed jewellery packaging

the enchanted pendant in it's box

the crystals that come with the perfumed jewellery
A close up of the enchanted pendant

An unclasped pendant from perfumed jewellery

enchanted pendant from perfumed jewellery

Ever heard of Perfumed Jewelry?  Well neither had I until a happy little email landed in my inbox. Perfumed Jewelry is the brainchild of the founder Renee.  She found a scented handkerchief in her mother's jewellery box, it had scented all her necklaces/bracelets etc.  She loved the idea and set to work on finding a way to make this happen - that's when Perfumed Jewellery was born.  

They're silver pendants that hold perfume infused crystals.  They have over 200 different scents that you can pick for the necklace (mine has Chanel No5 in it).  The necklace comes with 3 crystals, each lasting up to 28 days.  If you take the crystal out when you're not wearing the necklace and shut it away in the cute little crystal box the scent will last a lot longer.

They have 6 silver pendants to choose from, and 2 gold.  The quality is fantastic, very well made and very well cut, and absolutely gorgeous.  The little clasp on the side seals the pendant really well without letting the crystal fall out.  I really love that these come on a really long chain too, so often the necklaces that come with pendants are too short, or really low quality and pinch your hair or aggravate your skin, but the snake chain that comes with this one is fantastic, and as someone who's highly allergic to cheap jewellery (aka, anything with nickel) I was super happy to see that this one didn't bring me out in a rash at all. 

I've put this as part of my Christmas gift guide as it would make such a lovely Christmas gift.  It's not super cheap, so it's more of a 'main' present, it'll set you back $140* Australian dollars, which is about £80*, but they do ship free to everywhere in the world and will be launching in the UK in the new year. For me, delivery was fast too considering where it was coming from, it took about a week and was really well packaged.  

If you want to try different scents or need replacements, they cost $50 (about £30) and for that you get 2 pots each containing 3 crystals, and you can select it so that each tub has a different scent :)  Both tubs should then last you for up to 6 months, which isn't too bad :)

Over the last month that I've had this, I've worn it most days and had a lot of compliments on it, it's just so pretty and different from anything else that's out there, and the fact that it's perfumed is such a bonus.

If you'd like to find out more so you can stick it on your Christmas wish list, here's a link to their website :)  Oh and if you're wondering which pendant I have, it's the enchanted one :)




This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Amy from Srslylou

 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Now isn't that the most adorable idea for the holidays?? I bet any girly girl would love that one!
    xo,
    Luchessa.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds beyond amazing, I would love to give this a whirl! amazing Amazing!


    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OO, this is lovely!! I have though one question, if I spray the crystals with another perfume, once their original has worn off, will they preserve the scent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, that's not something I've tried yet, but it's something I plan to :)

      Delete
  4. I did not know about this before, but now I need it. *Puppy eyes at Santa* There's no more money in my bank account!

    Random things and Strange whims

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! Very pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig