Saturday 16 May 2015

JO MALONE | Wood Sage & Sea Salt

Jo Malone perfume, boxed with a bow

Jo Malone perfume in the box

Jo Malone perfume, unboxed

Until this bottle landed on my doorstep, I was a Jo Malone virgin and I can very proudly say, now I'm not :)  There's so much hype in the blogging world with Jo Malone fragrance, I knew they were very special and not for the budget buyer, but never smelling one, I didn't know what the fuss was about.

When I opened the envelope to reveal the box, I loved just how simple and sophisticated the packaging was, I knew it had to be something special inside. When I reached in and took the lid off the cologne, and read the 'Wood Sage & Sea Salt' I couldn't possibly imagine what the scent would be like.  When I opened the lid and spritzed myself, I was really pleasantly surprised.  It's delicately sweet, floral and aromatic, really smelling like the freshness of the sea.

Tasting notes
Top: Ambrette Seeds
Heart: Sea Salt
Base: Sage

You definitely get the dryness and warmth of the sage coming through too - I'm guessing the main note I can smell is the Ambrette Seeds which remind me of a musky, almost patchouli sort of scent (very pleasant).  I love how earthy and wholesome this smells, while still smelling elegant, feminine and both slightly sweet and floral.  As much as I try to describe this scent, I think Jo Malone describe it the best:

"Escape the everyday along the windswept shore.
Waves breaking white, the air fresh with sea salt and spray.
Alive with the mineral scent of the rugged cliffs.
Mingling with the woody earthiness of sage.
Lively, spirited and totally joyful."

I honestly think that describes the scent beautifully.  If you're ever within walking distance of a Jo Malone fragrance, I urge you to have a wiff, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with just how lovely this is (plus, in Fleur de Forces' latest video, she'd mentioned she had been wearing this scent too) ;)

If you're not able to get to a stockist, you can shop the perfume here - the 30ml bottle (pictured) is £40.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig